Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Wamp server permissions issue?
Posted by: xXxbigdogxXx (---.kya.res.rr.com)
Date: April 26, 2016 10:59PM

I can connect freely and openly on my server 24/7 and I can do everything I want to there. However, when someone outside my network wishes to connect they get the Forbidden (error 403) and it says they don't have access to "/" on the server

I have already went through the httpd.conf and set everything to override all and allow from all and set the Require all granted. what can I do to fix it now?

Version: 2.5 (lastest of 2.0)
Apache 2.4.9
PHP: 5.5.12
MySQL: 5.6.17
I get green light

I only got this error when I switched from WordPress to SMF (Simple Machine Forums)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2016 11:03PM by xXxbigdogxXx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp server permissions issue?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 26, 2016 11:35PM

Hi,

1. you had better tell us what you have changed in the httpd.conf file

2. Do you have a Virtual Host defined for this site?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 27, 2016 04:07AM

No vHosts defined. Are they necessary?

This is my http.conf

Pastebin (too large for this to paste raw)

[pastebin.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2016 04:07AM by xXxbigdogxXx.

Date: April 27, 2016 11:40AM

Yup you have made most of the standard errors.

First it is best to install WAMPServer in the root folder of a drive, it can be C; or D: or .......

Dont use folder names that have spaces or diacritics. Ref: `Server A`

This section should NEVER be given Allow all or Require all granted
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride none
    Order Deny,Allow
    Allow from all
</Directory>

as this is the section that protects your drive i.e. this equates to C:\ on your system and shoudl your server get compromised would allow a hasker full access to ALL OF YOUR C:\ DRIVE

Standard practice with servers is to DISALLOW ALL ACCESS to EVERYTHING first and then specifically ALLOW access to ONLY WHAT IS ACTUALLY REQUIRED!
This is specially relevant as you are trying to allow access from the universe!!!!!

This should be returned to
<Directory />
    AllowOverride none
    Require all denied
</Directory>

You are using Apache 2.2 syntax on Apache 2.4

2.2 syntax
    Order Deny,allow
    Allow from all

2.4 syntax
    Require all granted

This section amendment should be reverted

Bad
#   onlineoffline tag - don't remove
#    Require local
    Order Deny,allow
    Allow from all

Good
#   onlineoffline tag - don't remove
    Require local

If you want to allow access to a site you have built, it is MUCH SAFER to create Virtual Hosts to control you Apache server and then ONLY amend the Apache access security for the site(s) you want to be available on the internet.

See this post to hepl you create a virtual host [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 27, 2016 10:37PM

Installing wamp to the directory c:/ makes my computer not want to allow me access to delete or change or move any files within that directory so I went ahead and installed it to c:/users/user/desktop/webserver/server a/ but I can change the "server a" to "server-a" if that will fix it.

Is this a good version of Apache 2.4.9 httpd.conf? [pastebin.com]

I think I've fixed all the options that you've noticed in your post.

Date: April 28, 2016 12:08AM

I would like for you to be able to proof read my vhosts file for any errors since I'm new to the vhosts concept.

[pastebin.com]

So, You are saying that after I specify vhosts and enable it in the httpd.conf anyone can access my site from anywhere around the world?

Apparently having a friend test this they are unable to access the website. Is their anything else I need to do which I didn't already do?

Apache error log (if helps): [pastebin.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2016 02:26AM by xXxbigdogxXx.

Date: April 28, 2016 12:33PM

When you create a Virtual Host Apache ignored the definition of localhost in the httpd.conf file.

So you also have to define localhost as a Virtual Host

Add this to the top of your httpd-vhosts.conf file

<VirtualHost *:80>

ServerName localhost
	DocumentRoot "C:\Users\bigdog\Desktop\Webserver\www"
	<Directory  "D:/wamp/www/">
		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Require local
	</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

As this is the first VH in the list it beomes the default VH, so if you get any attempts to look at your server that do not contain a valid domain name it will default to this and as it is only allowed to be viewed locally it will return a error to the potential hacker.

I also see you have used C; in many places it must be C:

Not sure why you need so many VH definitions for your site, you do not need one for each sub folder within a site. Normally I would expect one VH definition for one site, not 14

You still have SPACES in directory names i.e. "Server A" which I do not recommend

You seem to be writing logs to "d:\wamp\logs" when everything else is on C: is that correct?

You have defined everything as "localhost" thats not correct.

Try reading all of this doc again [forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: xXxbigdogxXx (---.kyschools.us)
Date: April 28, 2016 09:01PM

I am new to the using virtual hosts thing. I never had to specify virtual hosts in order to allow someone outside my network access to the /www/ part of the website. This website is for standard forum purposes, hence why I need everyone to access the website.

I did not realize that I was using ; instead of : that's a mistake I make sometimes. Each one of the virtual hosts defined in the httpd-vhosts.conf are of sub-folders you wouldn't have access to otherwise. I would use ServerA or Server-A however when doing so WampServer bugs up until I reopen the application to then at which the application tells me this

(directory name invalid)

I really just wanted to make it so my website is acceptable to everyone outside my website

Date: April 29, 2016 12:01AM

WAMPServer has not changed. You dont have to use Virtual Hosts, thay are not a magic bullet.

If you knew how to do it with previous versions of WAMPServer do it the same way now.

Date: April 29, 2016 12:17AM

The thing is when I do it the old way it doesn't work for some reason. It worked before but it won't work now.

Date: April 29, 2016 11:05AM

I assume you have port forwarded your router to the PC running WAMPServer and the PC has a static IP Address.

Date: April 29, 2016 06:38PM

Yes everything is portforwarded and active. I can connect from a out of network source its just the page directs me to a forbidden html

Date: April 30, 2016 11:15PM

Okay so. Let's restart.

I just fixed a roundcube and hmailserver error turned out the user didn't have permission to right data on the database hence the errors.

I would like to present this error

[Sat Apr 30 17:08:01.348274 2016] [authz_core:error] [pid 10916:tid 960] [client hidden ip:55161] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: C:/Webserver/Server A/www/favicon.ico, referer: [74.136.221.6]

This error has the client's IP and I did confirm with him that it is his IP. So he did connect in the first place. However, he did get redirected to the forbidden page. When I go to the www directory I do not even see a file named favicon.ico to begin with. so how do I fix it when I don't have a file with its name.

Date: May 01, 2016 12:47PM

I dont think we are going to be able to solve these issues using messages like this.

Can I suggest we try a TeamViewer session, that way I can see exactly whats going on on your PC rather than find out about `hmailer` for example 10 posts down the line.

IF this is ok with you, get TeamViewer on your system, and then send me a Private Message with the ID and PASSWORD. I will connect and we can try and sort all this out.

My Timezone is GMT+1 so lets try and book a time that suits us both.

Date: May 02, 2016 03:15AM

Hi.

Okay I live in EST (Eastern time, United States [Northern Kentucky)])

6:00 PM where I live is 10:00 PM where you live. So 6:00 PM is the best I can do in terms of time for me. on may 2nd 2016

I suggest you add me on skype before the connection to have a better way of chatting. Obcourse Text Chat on skype is fine with me.

My skype username is xXxbigdogXx (without the added x after the g.)

Thankyou.

EDIT: I guess you weren't on today so I can wait until tomorrow. At 8 at your place and 4 at my place. I do still want to try the skype thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 12:08AM by xXxbigdogxXx.

Date: May 04, 2016 09:06PM

Well I haven't been replied to for a few days now so I'll post this:

I can be online for this

Monday through Friday: 4:00 PM EST
Saturday and Sunday: When I wake up

I would like for you to first add me on Skype so I can better message you then using the crappy chat system they have on the Team Viewer, Afterwards you can proceed to remove me from your contact list.

I've tried everything I know, Everything I searched up and this is not working. What I do not know is if their is suppose to be a file available called Favicon.ico because in the error report I posted it specified the www directory then something about a Favicon.ico file a file that I do not currently have in the www directory that wasn't original install of wamp.

Report Log again:
[Sat Apr 30 17:08:01.348274 2016] [authz_core:error] [pid 10916:tid 960] [client hidden ip:55161] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: C:/Webserver/Server A/www/favicon.ico, referer: [74.136.221.6]

This tells me the day, time and the year. Then it identifies that is is a authorization core error from the Authz_core part. Then it explains the PID Identification which is 10916 and the TLD which is 960. I hidden the IP from the report because my friend didn't want his IP exposed. Then it told me the error Identification. Then proceeds to explain it which was client denied by server configuration then it tells me the file Identification. The file Favicon.ico is not even in the /www/ directory hence I can't even begin to change anything involving the file. If you'd provide me with a file I would more than happy try to configure it.

I'm trying not to sound frustrated but I am and can't really help it. My server goes Live June 10th and I don't have time to be working on this same error thats been at it for the last month. I haven't had a problem with this not working before so I don't see how its giving me a hard time. If anyone has a solution to this please tell me. Do I need Favicon.ico? Do I need to configure it?

Date: May 04, 2016 11:24PM

Every browser looks for a favicon.ico on a site, by default. The favicon is the little site icon you see sometimes next to the URL in the browser address bar.

They do not have to exist, they are completely optional.

The interesting thing is that when looking for it, the browser was denied access due to server configuration.
That basically means the BAD server configuration.

I appreciate you are getting frustrated. As to your availablity, you might not know but we here are not affiliated in any way to the producers of WAMPServer, we help out for FREE. I will attempt to help people out, but when that involves breaking into my NORMAL LIFE I do so as and when I can.

Our time difference is unfortunate, so it looks like I may not be able to offer any help until the weekend when we can connect when we can both be available during the day.

As to your go live date, please rememeber the lack of proper planning and preparation or required knowledge on your behalf, does not constitute an emergeny on ours.

I will try an see you over the weekend

Date: May 06, 2016 09:22PM

Okay, I understand. I would like to use favicon for my site, what is the default dementions for icon? I can do anytime on Saturday and Sunday. Just name a time for you on Saturday and Sunday in your time zone an I will try to concert it to EST which is my time zone.

Bad confiirguation, I understand that is has to be either index.php or http.conf or vHosts. I tired to use vHosts but re-disabled them. I would like for anyone outside my network to access every part of my website exempt for the computer files part. I used in every instance of my configuration that said 'require all denied" as:

options none
Order deny,allow
Require all granted

I don't really see anything wrong with them unless the order is allow then deny. I completely understand the extent that this websites support is and the fact that you'd be cutting into your free time, I'm just getting to a point where I need everything to be working and online. which after some support on round cube I found the issue and fixed it.

The only reason why I am so anxious to getting this fixed asap is because I have 2 other owners who haven't been able to do anything on the website or on to any of the other programs needed for this networks success. The deadline was 4 weeks ago on the website so I am behind on schedule by a lot.

Yes. I know. The planning is not the issue as well this was unexpected. The required knowledge is the issue because of the amount of experience I have on using these programs. I don't know as much a lot of people on this forum which is why I consented this forum in the first place is because I don't have the required knowledge to do this myself.

I have currently Team Viewer 11 updated to current does it need to be another edition like 12 or 9 or 10?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 09:23PM by xXxbigdogxXx.

Date: May 07, 2016 02:45AM

I found something interesting

<Directory "C:/Users/bigdog/Desktop/Webserver/Server A/www/">
#
# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
# Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and important. Please see
# [httpd.apache.org]
# for more information.
#
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

#
# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
# AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#
AllowOverride all

#
# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
#

# onlineoffline tag - don't remove
Require local

Is this suppose to be Require local or Require all granted?

Full httpd.conf: [pastebin.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 02:49AM by xXxbigdogxXx.

Date: May 07, 2016 01:41PM

"Require local" is fine.

That says Apache should only allow access to the ip address of the box it is running on, thats the IPV4 127.0.0.1 and IPV6 ::1

"Require all granted" says any ip in the universe

I am around now if you want to try a TeamViewer Session.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 01:47PM by RiggsFolly.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.