Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Wamp server permissions issue?
Posted by: xXxbigdogxXx (---.kya.res.rr.com)
Date: May 07, 2016 07:13PM

okay, trying now

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xXxbigdogxXx (---.kya.res.rr.com)
Date: May 07, 2016 07:17PM

Sent you a PM at 1:16 PM (EST)

Posted by: fatguy1121 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 12, 2016 09:40AM

Im having a very similar issue to the above user, and you seem quite active trying to help him. A long time ago I used WAMP as a sql server database for a gaming server, and the apache www/ directory as a file server to send clients required addons. I want to set this up again and am having the same problems in the initial post.

I want to set the config to just allow anyone access to the www directory, thats all im asking... nothing fancy, I just need the ability to send files over http to people with the link. Such a simple task and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. If you can just post the config thats great, unless you can tell me how. I still want to keep my sql database for local use only. Im using Apache/2.4.18 (Win64) PHP/5.6.19 Server at 10.0.0.104 Port 80

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 12, 2016 10:03AM

Hi

All you need to do to fo that is :

left click wampmanager -> Put Online

If you are using WAMPManager3 the menu may not be activated, in that case do

right click wampmanager -> WAmp Settings -> Menus Item : Online/Offline ( click this menu)

WAMPManager will refresh and the old "Online/Offline" menu will be available

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 12, 2016 11:03AM

Still no dice with the server in Online mode and this config. It gives a Forbidden error when trying to access the www directory from an external and internal IP
[pastebin.com]

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 12, 2016 12:22PM

Yea well you forgot to mention that you have messed with the httpd.conf file and removed the marker line with an express instruction on it not to remove it i.e.

#   onlineoffline tag - don't remove
    Require local

So the previous suggestion wont work.

But as you have this section

<Directory "C:/Server_Root/Wamp64/www/">
    Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks
    Require all granted
    Require local
</Directory>

Assuming the folder path and name are correct you should be able to access the www folder. Not advised but you are your own admin now so you get to decide who is allowed to hack you.

Does your site in the www folder have a .htaccess file?

I see you have uncommented this line

# Virtual hosts
Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

So the issue may be in your Virtual hosts definition .conf file. You had better let us see that as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 12, 2016 07:40PM

Thank you so much, I really dont remember including the vhosts.conf. It might have been uncommented by default, but I took it out, as well as added the offline tag again as suggested and it works as I would like.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.