[solved?] 2d Wordpress install fails: :Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off."
Posted by: gallilaw (---.prvdri.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2014 08:31PM

I have been working on a Wamp local Wordpress install without server-related problems; but the wordpress design is flawed. So I changed the forder name www to www-bak and opened a new folder named www, in which I put fresh Wordpress installation files.

Wampserver is running the new www folder, without problems that I can see. I have used a test php file to confirm that php is running in the new www folder, and connects to the mySql database using the proper user and password.

Yet after several hours of work, every time I try to configure Wordpress into the new www folder I get the error that "Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off."

I have repeatedly confirmed that the wordpress wp-config.php contains the proper user, password, database name etc. I have manually configured the file several times, because using the install.php file won't work.

I made sure that the MySql port was entered into the config file (localhost:portnumber) just in case.

I am completely stumped.

Windows 7 64-bit / wampserver 2.4 / wordpress 3.8.1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 08:48PM by gallilaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2d Wordpress install fails: :Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off."
Posted by: gallilaw (---.prvdri.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2014 08:47PM

I don't believe it!

As soon as I posted the problem on this forum, I went back and tried once more. I didn't change a thing. The www folder was untouched from the condition it was in when it last failed to install wordpress.

Anyway, as soon as I opened the folder again, the auto-install script woke up and asked me for my database details; and wordpress was installed seconds later.

I have no idea why it waited something like nine hours to work, finally.

If anyone can guess what was wrong, I would like to know it. I think I will never know for sure.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.