Posted by: andy_jambo (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 21, 2014 12:59AM

Win 7 32 bit
Wamp 2.4
Apache 2.4.4
PHP 5.4.16
Msql 5.4.16

Fresh instal (Wamp green)

When logging into to phpmyadmin after first install I (stupidly) entered a log in thinking I needed to create one and got #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server. I understand I should have left login details blank (according to doc I have since read) but any time I log in now the original details I entered are auto populated and if I delete them I get 'waiting for local host' followed by 'transferring data from loacal host' and the original log in details are again auto populated in the fields. Not sure how to prevent this from happening...I have tried uninstal/re-boot and re-instal but no change.

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Issue with phpMyAdmin log in
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 21, 2014 10:05AM

The default ( right after an install, or until you add a password ) login to MYSQL using phpMyAdmin or anything else is :-

Username = root

Password = leave this blank

Press the go button

MySQL always installs with this one account pre created.

The details you tried to use are stored in a cookie, just use the correct login and they will be overwritten.

Once you gain access correctly using the root userid, it is a good idea to put a password on this 'root' account. Remember to add the same password to ALL 3 root accounts

root@localhost
root@127.0.0.1
root@::1

Once you add the password, logoff and then logon again using the new password

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Issue with phpMyAdmin log in
Posted by: andy_jambo (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 22, 2014 10:31AM

Great - thanks for your help :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.