Are there any solutions in this error besides installing required components?
Posted by: lpfacun (112.198.118.---)
Date: April 02, 2016 01:18PM

So I have Windows 7- 32bit. And successfully installed WAMPSERVER (32 BITS & PHP 5.6.15) 3. I have these all required components

[i.gyazo.com]

But wampserver is on orange icon. So I tried to install service the Apache.

[i.gyazo.com]

After pressing ENTER

[i.gyazo.com]

Installing the vc_redist is the only solution I found on the internet. Is there any solution for this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are there any solutions in this error besides installing required components?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 02, 2016 02:05PM

Hi,

You have not done ALL the updates by Windows Update.
See: [support.microsoft.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Are there any solutions in this error besides installing required components?
Date: April 02, 2016 02:19PM

Oh.. I see I dont have sp1. I have to install them :/

Date: April 02, 2016 02:42PM

Hi,

> Oh.. I see I dont have sp1
In addition to not be "SP1", you are missing as the dozens and dozens of other updates that were made after SP1.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 02, 2016 03:11PM

I can only think of a couple of reason for not regularly updating a Windows System. The most obvious is that it is not a registered (paid for) version of Windows.

Cracked Windows installs may be cheaper, but this is the sort of thing that happens. You end up way behind the curve as you dare not update them incase MS spots that its a stolen OS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 02, 2016 03:18PM

How about because of disabled windows updates?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 02, 2016 03:22PM

That was the other reason!

Just cannot see why anybody would willingly open themselves to know hacks by not keeping windows up to date

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 02, 2016 03:29PM

Hi,

You do what you want, but if you disable the Windows updates, then do not come crying to missing files or applications that do not work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.