wamp-win10 links revert to wamp page
Posted by: ipco (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2016 05:25PM

I have wamp v3.0.0 on a windows 10 x64.

everything worked fine prior to installing win 10 but now I am having the weirdest problem since upgrading to windows 10.

wamp starts ok and all systems are running.
I can access the home page of a local website and everything looks good however clicking on any link on that page redirects to the wamp page in no-style view even though is says classic view.

i have three sites which I am developing and the same problem occurs with each one.

I presume something became over written by win 10 but I am at a loss as to what.

IIS is not running, host file looks good, ports are open, all services are running.

any suggestions would be welcome.
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp-win10 links revert to wamp page
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 30, 2016 05:35PM

Hi,

Have you checked the hosts file C;\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

That may have been reverted to a blank or default state

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 30, 2016 06:10PM

thanks for replying.
yes, as stated the host file is good.

I did notice ::1 localhost was remmed out so I unremmed it.
I did a shutdown and start (not a restart) of the PC still the same problem

I also noticed in the apache log prior to altering the host file:
"[Wed Mar 30 09:10:10.886600 2016] [:error] [pid 8940:tid 1116] [client 127.0.0.1:52169] script 'C:/wamp64/www/announce.php' not found or unable to stat"

Not sure what that is or at which stage it would show but after reboot, I am not seeing it. This may be a red herring, I don't know.

thanks.

Date: March 30, 2016 06:32PM

Ok, so did you install the Microsoft Visual C/C++ Redistributable 2015 (VC14) runtime library as suggested on the first dialog in the install?

See here for trouble shooting help [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 30, 2016 06:46PM

Yes, I have all the files installed. In fact I have VC9/10/11/12 and 14 for x86 and x64 installed

As I said previously, wamp64 was working good until I upgraded the OS. It seems strange that I can access the site home page but all the links from that page redirect to the wamp page even though the URL is correct for the page I am trying to link. Does that make sense?

This is weird.

It looks like this is being called but not exist should it? script 'C:/wamp64/www/announce.php'

thanks

Date: March 30, 2016 06:53PM

I dont think that file is part of WAMPServer, for sure its not on my version.

Do yu have Virtual Hosts set up for each of your projects? If not I suggest you do.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 30, 2016 06:57PM

Hi,

> script 'C:/wamp64/www/announce.php'
This file (announce.php) is absolutely not part of Wampserver.

After installation of Wampserver 3.0.0 in wamp64/www/ there are:
- directory wampthemes\
and files:
- add_vhost.php
- favicon.ico
- index.php
- test_sockets.php
- testmysql.php

That's all.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 30, 2016 06:58PM

No, I don't have virtual host set up. Do you think that is the problem or would it just improve the set up?

thanks

Date: March 31, 2016 10:02AM

Virtual Hosts are now very simple to create in WAMPServer 3 and have always been the best way to manage multiple projects/sites.

See the second post in here [forum.wampserver.com] for how to setup VH in WS3

See this for the reasons why they are a good idea [forum.wampserver.com]

Date: March 31, 2016 07:41PM

apologies for taking so long to get back.

I uninstalled wamp64 cleared the registry with ccleaner and rebooted.
on reinstallation I found that the folder wamp64 had not deleted. On trying to delete, I kept getting Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty so I entered each folder, cleared contents and then deleted each file.

I came to a stop with wamp64/apps/phpmyadmin4.5.2/JS/jquery/traversing/var
This folder is empty but I cannot delete it. Even tried safe mode.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be welcome meanwhile I will try whatever I can

Date: March 31, 2016 08:50PM

Hi

WAMPServer puts only one thing in the registry and that is the link to the uninstall so that you can uninstall WAMPServer using the normal windows uninstall process.

In my experience ccleaner does more damage than good, and it was unnecessary to run it after a WAMPServer uninstall anyway.

The uninstall, leaves files on your disk. These files are the files you have amended OR created since the install. Its a safety mechanism so you get one last change to rescue your databases, if you forget before uninstalling.

WAMPServer should be installed "As Administrator", therefore you may need to start command window "As Administrator" and delete these remaining files from the command windows, or sign in with an administrator account and use FileManager

Date: April 03, 2016 03:54PM

I managed to get rid of the corrupt file, and reloaded wamp64 as per the tutorial and still got the same error. I have no idea what is causing it. I reinstalled xampp and everything works as it should so I am staying with xampp but will still continue working with wamp on a dev machine as time allows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.