[cont]Could not execute menu item (internal error)
Posted by: Praedator (---.server4you.de)
Date: February 14, 2013 03:25PM

Hi guys,

as suggested in the other thread, I made a new one to discuss this problem.

I run Windows Webserver 2008 R2 64bit on a dedicated Server.
Hardware: AMD 3280 (6x 2.4 GHz), 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD (RAID 1)
Autoupdates are enabled, .Net Framework 4.5 and the Virtual C++ Libraries for x64 and x86 are installed.
IIS is disabled, there is no MySQL Server, Skype or anything else running, Port 80 is not used by anything.

I tried all of the following installations and got the following errors:
WAMP 2.2e with PHP 5.4.3 64 bit - MSVCR100.dll missing (though I installed the Libraries and even tried the dll on its own)
WAMP 2.2e with PHP 5.4.3 32 bit - MSVCR100.dll missing
WAMP 2.2e with PHP 5.3.13 32 bit - Could not execute menu item (internal error) -> it cannot start the Apache Service

It all seems to depend on the Apache service as it misses something but I cannot figure out what the hell exactly it is. I googled this problem for more than an hour and installed all these versions - I really want to use WAMP as XAMPP does not seem appropriate for an online server... please guys, help me o_O

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2013 03:29PM by Praedator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [cont]Could not execute menu item (internal error)
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: February 14, 2013 04:27PM

Your definity installing the wrong lib.

It is

"MS VC++ 2010 SP1 X86 or X64" depending on the version of wamp you installed.

Install it, left click wamp> apache > service > uninstall

Then repeat with Install.

If it still won't work, get Teamviewer and ill fix it

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: Praedator (---.server4you.de)
Date: February 14, 2013 06:25PM

Now it works... thanks for the quick help, I almost lost my mind over this - dunno why I hadn't the right version installed.

Posted by: Korvyn (---.netvisao.pt)
Date: February 15, 2013 03:36PM

Hello. I'm also having this problem, but since i'm new to all this i can't really figure out what's wrong.

I have googled this and tried everything related to skype and IIS, with no success.

So far i tried with these instalations: wampserver2.2e-php5.3.13-httpd2.2.22-mysql5.5.24-32b,
wampserver2.2e-php5.4.3-httpd2.2.22-mysql5.5.24-32b,
and wampserver2.3-Apache-2.2.23-Mysql-5.5.28-php5.4.9-32b , and none works... (windows 7 32 bits here.)

So...help please? I don't know what else to do tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: February 15, 2013 03:48PM

Korvyn,

Ok lets start at the beginning.

What version of wamp do you want to run?? Pick one.

If its not the one you currently have installed do an Uninstall of the one you have, properly from Windows Add/remove programs. Then delete the c:\wamp folder and all subfolders manually if they have not already been removed.

Then Reboot, and install the WAMP you want.

If I may make a suggestion the 32bit versions are more fully featured as some extensions are hard to find or not available yet on the 64 bit version. But its up to you which you pick.

Once that is done, tell us what the actual problems you are having and we will help you.

If you think you will need more help than just posting problems and getting written replies, install TEAMVIEWER as well then one of us can connect to you see the problem first hand and help you solve issues right there and then.

Date: February 15, 2013 07:21PM

Hello and thanks for the reply.

Since i'm new to this and still learning, let's see if i can explain myself properly... i started with wampserver2.2e-php5.3.13-httpd2.2.22-mysql5.5.24-32b, then as that didn't work and i realised there were two more versions that suited my OS, i uninstalled that one and am currently trying to get wampserver2.3-Apache-2.2.23-Mysql-5.5.28-php5.4.9-32b to work. Each time i uninstalled a version and installed a new one i followed those steps.

So the actual problem is that when i try to get the server online, i get the Could not execute menu item (internal error) [exception] could not perform service action: the service has not been started.

Also, when i try to access localhost i can't, either by clicking the shortcut on the wamp menu or going directly by browser.

Hope this helped understand my problem

Date: February 15, 2013 10:30PM

You get this error when you have not started all the services and try to use the 'Put Online' menu.

1. You do not need to 'Put Online' to use wamp. 'Put Online' just changes the security so that anyone in the univers can access your site. For development and testing this is not necessary.

When you 'Start All Services', what colour is your wamp manager icon in the system tray when you so this.

It should be GREEN, if Apache has not started it will be ORANGE, what colour is yours?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2013 10:35PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: February 16, 2013 02:50AM

it's orange. So yes, Apache is not started. I tried to start it separately, and through Start all services, without success

EDIT: so i used my brain a bit more before i went to sleep, and started testing port 80 from the apache options.

After the results i came across this article, [www.ferolen.com] and voilá, everything works now. Green icon. smiling smiley So, this problem seems to be sorted for now. Thanks for the help, and i hope this article i found is in useful to someone in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2013 03:07AM by Korvyn.

Date: February 16, 2013 02:22PM

Well done.

Posted by: abhidutz (106.51.188.---)
Date: January 25, 2014 08:20AM

for me i had to start/stop couple of service that use port 80 and it worked. details @ www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTiX4Ka25TU&feature=youtu.be

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.