wamp server on windows 8 network displaying error server is taking too long to respond
Posted by: supernet5 (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: December 28, 2013 08:13PM

hi everyone,

I installed wamp server on windows 8 system, if i want to access the web application i developed from the server i access it easily with no complaint but if i want to access if from other work stations it will specify an error 'server is taking too long to respond', pls what can i do to remedy this situation because i have been battling with this challenge for sometime now.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp server on windows 8 network displaying error server is taking too long to respond
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: December 31, 2013 07:46PM

Please answer the questions in this link so we can better help you.

[forum.wampserver.com]

Also add information about where you have placed you site code i.e. in \wamp\www\project1 or a virtual host or an alias

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: wamp server on windows 8 network displaying error server is taking too long to respond
Date: January 24, 2014 10:22AM

version of operating system: windows 8
wamp server version: 2.1
apache version: 2.2.17
mysql version: 5.1.53
php version: 5.3.4
wampserver colour: green

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 24, 2014 11:27AM

Have you checked the apache error log and the php error log?

Does it ever serve a page successfully or does it always fail?

Have you changed the security within apaches https.conf file to allow access from outside the PC running WAMP?

What folder is your website in?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 25, 2014 10:50AM

i have not checked the apache and php error log, i didnt even think about it.
Yes i have changed the security in the httpd confif file.
My website is placed in the www root of my wamp folder.
Can i downgrade those systems to windows 7, because i have already deployed the application for the client and i have to travel down to go check all this ones again.
Pls what version of the wamp server can i install on windows 7 that will be less stressful and easier to access through the lan.
Tanx

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 25, 2014 05:38PM

You can install any version of WAMPServer on windiws 7

Date: January 25, 2014 09:38PM

okay i will downgrade the systems to windows 7, but after installing the wamp server, which other configuration would i be required to do so that the network issue would be totally solved.
Tanx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.