Iframe not calling CSS
Posted by: starastarb (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: January 14, 2014 08:41AM

I've tried to search and not found this on the forum yet...Nor has a google search located anyone having this issue...

My site has a sidebar where I use an iframe to call in a separate HTML file. When I load this to my web host, this works flawlessly.

However, when trying to open the page via WAMP, the CSS that ought to apply to the HTML file isn't being called. I can see that the iframe is calling the HTML file.

My WAMP icon is green. And, like I said, if I just upload this to my web host (which is the extra step I'm trying to avoid as I work), this works.

I'm brand new to WAMP (literally within the last few hours because I got tired of uploading after every little change to test that things were right), so let me know what information I might be missing that could help troubleshoot this smiling smiley

Thanks!!

Version of Operating system?
Windows 7

Version of Wamp Server installed?

Version of Apache you are running?

Version of MySQL you are running?

Version of PHP you are running?

What colour is your WampManager icon? ( the in the system tray )
Green

Do you have a HOSTS file? [c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts]
Not that I'm aware of

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 08:43AM by starastarb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Iframe not calling CSS
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 14, 2014 11:14AM

If the CSS is not being loaded then I would assume that the location of the CSS file does not match an actual location within your site.

Please post the code within the <head> ... </head> section of the html incuded in the iframed. I would imagine the <link.....> line needs some correction or you missed a folder when you copied the site from the live server.

Do you have a HOSTS file? [c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts]
Not that I'm aware of

Well can you check for its existance and its contents please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.