Recover MySQL database tables after wampserver re install
Posted by: osama.aley (5.21.233.---)
Date: January 11, 2014 05:34PM

I am stuck in an issue. today my OS (windows) crashed and I have to rebuild my machine. I had installed the wampserver on D drive earlier. After re installing windows, I am unable to run wampserver. After removing and the re installing the wampserver, the wampserver is working fine, but I am unable to get the data in phpmyadmin. From phpmyadmin, i can see all the databases and tables in the menu, but when I try to open any table from the left menu, phpmyadmin says that there is no such table. Also when I try to export any database table, phpmyadmin says that this table doesnot have any tables (although i can see the tables in left menu)

I am using wampserver 2.4 x86 on windows 7 x86.

please help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 05:35PM by osama.aley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recover MySQL database tables after wampserver re install
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2014 06:08PM

This means you were using INNODB as a storage engine and the files are most likely corrupt.

The table name db/table names are readable from the structure files but the data is damaged in the ibdata files.

You have some options..

1.Restore the db using backup in SQL format if you have it.

2. Check the mysql error log and see if it recommends using force_recovery to recover the data.
if it does , level 1 does nothing useful so start with 2, and then try 3 if that doesn't fix it, do not go to 4 with out ensuring you have a backup of the data you might damage further by using 4, 5 and 6.

3. Just because an OS crashes on a disk , doesn't mean the disk is damaged, you could slave the drive and try run wamp directly from that location with minor Path changes to wamp/services

let me know if you need further help, and get teamviewer and ill see what i can do

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: osama.aley (5.21.233.---)
Date: January 11, 2014 07:17PM

Hey Steve, many thanks for your guidance. unfortunately I am unable to recover the data even I followed the guidelines. can you help?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2014 07:21PM

Yes if you install teamviewer , i will connect and take a look for you,

you can PM the login details

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.