server DNS address could not be found Error
Posted by: Distinguished (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2016 09:06PM

I have Windows 10 64bit. I installed both the 64 bit and 32 bit WAMP as the instructions said. I have Apache version 2.4.17.

After doing a lot to turn my red WAMP icon back to green I am now getting a new error that I don’t know how to resolve. I don’t know if it is just a code error or something wrong with the set-up. When I try to run my code I get an error message that reads:

This site can’t be reached; test’s server DNS address could not be found; ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

In trying to fix this error, I followed a youtube video that said to change my setting to the following:

check the radio box: “Use the following DNS server addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222
Altnerate DNS server: 208.67.220.220

I restarted my internet connection and WAMP server and this did not resolve my original error. I would appreciate any help I can get. My WampServer version is: 3.0.0. My MySQL version is 5.7.9. As I mentioned, my Wamp icon is now green, though it was red for a while.

The following are some errors in my Windows Event Viewer:
eventvwr.exe
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> AH00451: no listening sockets available, shutting down.
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> AH00015: Unable to open logs.
Activation of app Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.XboxApp failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

I do have access to localhost and phpMyAdmin, although I was recently locked out and had much trouble getting back in phpMyAdmin.

Antivirus is Bitdefender.

Both my Wamp folder and my Wamp64 folder are at the start of my C: drive.
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: server DNS address could not be found Error
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 07, 2016 10:51AM

Hi,

> I installed both the 64 bit and 32 bit WAMP as the instructions said.
Nowhere is it written that you MUST install both versions of Wampserver 32 and 64 bit.
However, it says that if you have a Windows 64-bit, you must install both 32 and 64 bit of redistribuablesVC ++ packages, even if you only use 32 bit Wampserver.

> In trying to fix this error, I followed a youtube video that said to change my setting to the following:
Stop believing everything you can find on the internet about WampServer. If you have problems with Wampserver, you just ask questions here, it will prevent you from doing stupid things and then come - finally - cry on this forum.

> Activation of app Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.XboxApp
It seems that you want to use Edge. Microsoft Edge runs with network isolation by default for security reasons. To enable loopback and debug your localhost server, launch Edge and type in the address bar : about:flags then there are some options like this:
Edge
Developer Settings

X Use the Microsoft Compatibility Lists
X Allow localhost loopback (this may expose your device to risks)
These two options must be checked.

Check ALL points of: TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.