Resolved* Yellow icon but Apache and MySQL running?
Posted by: Emma (---.noc.soton.ac.uk)
Date: December 16, 2013 03:38PM

Hello having read many threads about this, and having followed all the advice RiggsFolly gave in the thread - [forum.wampserver.com].

The results are as follows:

Apache port test: Your port 80 is actually used by:
Server: Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.2.9-2

MySQL Start/Resume Service is green

Apache error log only has entries from 2008

MySQL error log only a month ago but nothing from today

The Windows Event Viewer Application window has nothing from Apache or MySQL in it.
The Windows Event Viewer System window Service Control Manager reports 'The wampapache service entered the running state'

For good measure I've checked Administrative Tools > Services that reports WebClient as Started, I've put wamp online and the httpd.conf file has allow all set.

I am at a loss to explain why the tray icon is still yellow, any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 07:13PM by Emma.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yellow icon but Apache and MySQL running?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 16, 2013 05:54PM

When looking at the services, webclient is not relevant, you need to check for 2 services
1. wampapache
2. wampmysql

Are both of these 'Started' probaby one is not as your wampmanager icon is orange.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Yellow icon but Apache and MySQL running?
Posted by: Emma (---.noc.soton.ac.uk)
Date: December 16, 2013 07:13PM

Thanks RiggsFolly,

It was indeed the wampmysql that hadn't started, it said 'starting' but not started. I didn't spot that thanks to truncating - moral of the story, full column width helps.

Once I rebooted and started wampmysql from Services everything was fine. Thanks for your help.

Re: Resolved* Yellow icon but Apache and MySQL running?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 17, 2013 10:39AM

There is normally a reason for this not starting?? Did you examine why?

If you tried to install MySQL manually before trying WAMP you probably have an old my.ini on your system. It is usually in the C:\windows\system32, or somewhere in the windows folder.

Check for that and if you find any outside the C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx.y.z folders then delete them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.