Curl not working with Wamp 3
Posted by: Samio (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: February 25, 2016 03:11PM

Hi Guys,

Had the older Wamp installed last year and all worked fine...after a long break I just installed ver.3 of
Wamp and I'm now getting a whole list of notices when using Curl.

---------------------------------------------------------------
e.g :Notice: Use of undefined constant CURLOPT_HEADER - assumed 'CURLOPT_HEADER' in E:\wamp\www\work\MyVidWall1\scurl.php on line 40.......

.......on all curl options plus a final Error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in E:\wamp\www\work\MyVidWall1\scurl.php on line 51.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_curl.dll' - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in E:\wamp\www\work\MyVidWall1\scurl.php on line 52 PHP Stack trace: PHP 1. {main}() E:\wamp\www\work\MyVidWall1\scurl.php:0 PHP 2. curl() E:\wamp\www\work\MyVidWall1\scurl.php:62

I have no idea why it's trying to read php_curl in the above(non-existent directory!?

curl is installed and uncommented in php.ini and showing "enabled" in phpinfo.

thats about all I can say other than "normal" php works fine in all browsers via Wamp ver.3.

Question 2.
Why are some files using SymLink or what is the point of that?

Thx upfront for your time
regards

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 03:36PM by Samio.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Curl not working with Wamp 3
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2016 04:21PM

Hi,

> Had the older Wamp installed last year and all worked fine
> after a long break I just installed ver.3 of Wamp

Installing form zero or updating existing Wampserver 2.5 ?

Please answer to : READ BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2016 05:47PM

Hi,

Its a bit of a guess, but I would guess you have now or at some time in the past had PHP installed on your system that you did manually and installed it in the default location which is C:/php

If thats the case I would guess that you have an old php.ini lying around somewhere Most probably in C:\Windows

If you do delete it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 25, 2016 09:28PM

Uninstalled OLD WAMP ....clean registry....no leftovers---complete fresh Install according to instruction

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit)--------- win 10 pro ver. 6.3 64bit Build 10586------10586.103.amd64fre.th2_release.160126-1819
2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit)----------- Apache/2.4.17 (Win32) PHP/5.6.15
3 - Apache Version----------------------------------------------------------------- 2.4.17
4 - PHP Version-------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.6.15
5 - MySQL Version------------------------------------------------------------------ 5.7.9
PHPmyAdmin4.5.5

6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar)---- GREEN
a - Apache error log---------------------------------------------------------------
-- ( wampmanager -> Apache -> Apache error log )-----------------------------------
-- ( wampmanager -> Apache -> Apache access log )----------------------------------
b - MySQL error log ( wampmanager -> MySQL -> MySQL log )-------------------------- 3 ENTRIES

****2016-02-25T04:06:30.573266Z 0 [Warning] InnoDB: Resizing redo log from 2*3072 to 2*320 pages, LSN=2471731
****2016-02-25T04:06:30.698278Z 0 [Warning] InnoDB: Starting to delete and rewrite log files.
****2016-02-25T04:06:30.823282Z 0 [Warning] InnoDB: New log files created, LSN=2471731

c - PHP error log ( wampmanager -> PHP -> PHP error log )-------------------------- NO ERRORS

d - The windows event viewer------------------------------------------------------- NO ERRORS

7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts,
what are the active lines with the name [localhost] in them?----------------------- 127.0.0.1 localhost
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ::1 localhost

If the WampServer icon is green:

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)?------------------------- YES
9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin?---------------------------------------------- YES

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the
EXACT wording of the error in your post-------------------------------------------- Posted in 1st Question
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please
include the names of these---------------------------------------------- Malwarebytes/WDef...
---------------------------------------------------------------------WindowsFireW-Private "IN"(YES).Public(N0)
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\)--------- E:\wamp

Just a thought....maybe PHPdesigner8.1 is catching somwhere.....I installed WAMP after PHPdesigner8.1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 10:39PM by Samio.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2016 01:10PM

Please check the output from phpinfo.

On the first page there is a line called "Loaded Configuration File" what does it say on your system please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 26, 2016 04:30PM

E:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.17\bin\php.ini

Problem is SOLVED.....

it was due to the fact that I initially had Wamp on C:\ and a few of the loaded tabs in PHPdesigner 8 were still using those old settings.
I reinstalled PHPdesigner and everything is up and working.....Basically it was no fault of Wamp 3.

Nevertheless, I am greatful for your assistance and allthough it was a Pain in the orifice installing Wamp3 (could be better packaged), it certainly made me more aware of the structural constallation.

thankyou very much
Best regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2016 05:11PM by Samio.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.