How to get to the config.inc.php file
Posted by: masaka (31.68.0.---)
Date: February 20, 2016 04:43PM

I have just installed Wamp Server and set up databases using phpMyAdmin. I have tried to use PHP to connect to the databases and I am getting this error message.
"Access denied to user root @localhost using password YES" or "using password NO". I have not used either of these two"passwords" in my PHP script to connect to the server.
Research on Google tells me that I need to edit some lines in the config.inc.php file.
I have usesd the path C:/wamp/apps/phpMyAdmin/themes/config.inc.php but the cofig.inc.php file is nowhere to be seen.
I need help on how to get to this file. Alternatively, please let me konw how to get round these arreor messages and get access to the databases using PHP scripts.
Regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to get to the config.inc.php file
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2016 06:41PM

If you have NOT changed the root users password and NOT created any new User accounts on MYSQL then there is only one account there by default.

It is `root` and it has no password

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.