Wamp Tray Menu Icon missing
Posted by: willieglide (---.57.124.24.cm.sunflower.com)
Date: January 29, 2016 09:25PM

Hi, all!! I am new to the forum, wampserver, and drupal... I'm green as a properly installed wamp system tray icon, so bear with me. I've got the "disappearing system tray icon" blues. Each time I restart windows, the tray icon is missing. I have to run wampmanager.exe from the desktop icon, no worries, tho it's a pest. My concern is, each time I run it I get the message "Do you want to allow this (Unknown) program to make changes to your computer?", which makes me concerned that something in the install is not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. Any input?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2016 09:29PM by Otomatic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp Tray Menu Icon missing
Posted by: willieglide (---.57.124.24.cm.sunflower.com)
Date: January 29, 2016 09:39PM

Oooops... I forgot to post my system info:

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit
wampserver 2.5
apache 2.4.9
php 5.5.12
mysql 5.6.17

tray icon (when it's there) is green as the grass on the "other side of the fence"

Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: January 30, 2016 12:41AM

It's no big deal. I'm running Win10 and whenever I restart, I have to restart wampserver manually. If you have your User Account Control set, then you will get that "warning" but it doesn't mean much of anything.

Also, I've never had any luck trying to get wampserver start with Windows startup with Win7, Win8/8.1 and now Win 10.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2016 01:23AM by Kirk.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 30, 2016 09:38AM

Hi,

Wampserver is not designed to be launched automatically when Windows starts.

You MUST ALWAYS launch Wampserver as an administrator.

All shortcuts allow you to launch Wampserver must have the property "Launch as an administrator".
- Right-Click on the shortcut, Properties
- Shortcut tab
- Advanced
- Check "Run as an administrator"
- OK, Apply, OK

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: January 30, 2016 01:29PM

This message

"Do you want to allow this (Unknown) program to make changes to your computer?"

Is only because WAMPServer i.e. wampmanager.exe does not have a certificate associated with it, these certificates cost money and WAMPServer is free !

WAMPServer is designed to be used as a developers tool, and not a live (always on) web server. It is unlikely that any developer would want his/her testing server available all the time, using system resources while they are doing something completely unrelated.

So you start it when you want it and dont bother when you are doing something else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.