phpMyadmin: each row I enter in db duplicates itself ???
Posted by: Gilligan (101.112.220.---)
Date: August 24, 2013 12:24PM

I created the database and the first table (it's a tute for ajax I am following just basic)

db = headrush
table = hrush_breakneck

I made entered all the data in the table and each of the five rows duplicated themselves (am not sure if this is some quirk and is not really happening for real to the actual database but only on-screen).

I wrote a query to fix it: DELETE FROM `hrush_breakneck` WHERE 'column' = "'phone'('+61407609766', '+61419087623', '+68402156451', '+68404854129', '+68405954129')" AND 'row' = ('5', '6', '7', '8', '9')

It doesn't seem to have any syntax errors interfering with the execution of the query but I get this error saying : #1241 - Operand should contain 1 column(s)

I been trying and had a quick look through the forum to see if there was anyone else with this problem but have not seen anything here.

Can anyone set me right on this? Is it in my original query to enter the data? I checked and there was not 2 lots of data when I activated the query to enter the data and deleted the table contents after it happened the first time. Then tried again with only one row at a time and still the same outcome. The row I enter into the database table is duplicated there on the page in PHPMyadmin.

thanks for any help you can give me
G

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyadmin: each row I enter in db duplicates itself ???
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: August 25, 2013 05:48PM

DELETE FROM `hrush_breakneck`
WHERE 'column' = "'phone'('+61407609766', '+61419087623', '+68402156451', '+68404854129', '+68405954129')" AND 'row' = ('5', '6', '7', '8', '9')

This '#1241 - Operand should contain 1 column(s)' is reporting a syntax error.

You need to do a little basic reading about query syntax.

[dev.mysql.com]

Posted by: Gilligan (101.112.255.---)
Date: August 26, 2013 01:00AM

@ RiggsFolly
You need to do a little basic reading about query syntax.

Sorry I mustn't of explained myself properly: I need to know why the rows I enter are doubling up. Why did that happen in the first place. The query I wrote was only to fix it. I don't think the duplicationg of each row I enter data into should duplicate itself. I entered the data into the PHPMyadmin form and so PHPMyadmin created the query to enter the data and I just clicked the "go" button on the form after reading it and not seeing a double up of data in the query that was ready for execution.

I put that query that I made up for a comment but still need to know why PHPMyadmin created duplicate rows and not just one row. Does anyone know the answer to this question? please help me.

I need to know if this is a common manifestation of the executed query....
If it is a problem...???
If it is normal or if it is some quirk...???

How do I fix it (?) would be my remaining question after that is answered.
thanks for your help

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: August 26, 2013 05:58PM

Its not normal.

Could it be impatience and clicking the go button more than once.

Posted by: Gilligan (101.112.251.---)
Date: August 27, 2013 05:43AM

@RiggsFolloy

Thanks so much for your replies that sorted it out: it was a double execution of the query that did it. I had been clicking "go" again when the query was displayed on the following page in PHPMyAdmin; but the query had already been executed each time. With the way the query is displayed it looked to me like it was then ready to execute and so I clicked the go button that was there in view with the displaying of the query thinking the query was not yet executed.

Thanks again for your help in the end I tried a few things and learned a lot with your suggestions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.