Error Reporting
Posted by: caydee (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: January 13, 2016 11:20AM

Hi RiggsFolly,

I got an error on my hosting server ( a lot of emails showing there was an error); the error was related to the deprecated MySQL.
On WAMP you showed us that one can bypass it by setting the

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

What does one do on the hosting server. Can one enter the same to the responsible PHP.ini or should one send a request to the Staff to fix the issue or do it oneself, after all it is only a setting. It is presently set:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

About the other thread on OpenSSL I will let you know tomorrow.

The portion of the cake was too big and sumptuous to have one for you as well. It was wonderful.

Caydee

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN
Windows 10 x64 | WAMP 3.3.2 - x64 | Apache 2.4.58 | MySQL 8.2.0 | PHP 8.2.13 | PHPMyAdmin 5.2.0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error Reporting
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: January 13, 2016 11:47AM

Hi Caydee

Its unlikely your hosters will make this change for you, but you can try. They will instead use this as a stick to beat you into upgrading your code base.

Of course its possible they have the ability to switch you to an older version of PHP, that is sometimes a feature of your control panel, that you can do yourself.

One option would be to put this line in a piece of code that is included on every page of your site, or add it to all pages that use this defunct datbase extension.

ini_set("error_reporting", E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED);

to turn off the deprecated error reporting.

But which ever way you go, sometime soon, you are going to have to replace all the mysql_ extension calls with either mysqli_ or PDO calls. Unfortunately this is not a simple, like for like, process.

Remember, that as of PHP7 the mysql_ extension is no longer supplied, but I would not expect hosting companies to be moving to PHP7 for a good year or possibly more, but what do I know!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Error Reporting
Posted by: caydee (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: January 13, 2016 03:55PM

Thanks a ton,

After reading the message properly:
<p>An error occurred in script '/home/zabber1/public_html/venture-wilderness/reg_log.php' on line 23: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead.
<br />Date/Time: 1-12-2016 07:43:55
<br /><pre>Array
(
    [_GET] => Array
        (
        )
I realized the solution was already given in the error. So I did the needful (inserted real_ in the strings.

I have done the login and registration in MySQLi so that should not cause a problem in itself and it connects to a separate DB.

There is just one main file handling the database and that is where I will insert the snippet you sent or in the main template which is also common to all itineraries.

Regards,

Caydee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.