Making WAMP suitable for Drupal 8 OOTB
Posted by: benia (---.red.bezeqint.net)
Date: January 12, 2016 12:50AM

Hello dev team;

I have installed Drupal 8 several times with WAMP. I like WAMP very much as I find it a very straight forward program, easy to use and maintain.

I am also a Drupal user for years and been doing Basic Drupal usage guidance and teaching to others several times: Some fresh students (in private guidance or in tech collages) and especially many auto-didactic trying-to-install users get scared or overwhelmed from Installing Drupal 8 with fresh non-configured WAMP and get a bad taste and might even run away: This is due tot he fact that Drupal 8 requires the rewrite module (which I don't know why it isn't coming turned on on the first place), and also OPcode caching (which surly can be added at the PHP.ini), and also xdebug max_nesting_level=256 which in my Ubuntu machine comes as 256 in default... I also think putting the PHP memory limit to be 256M or 512M instead 128M.

I really think you should consider only these changes... Students who want to learn basic work with Drupal are not necessarily in a stage where they would want to learn Server Administration, which is indeed an occupation by itself or a kind of work not all users would want to do right on start.

It was important for me to share these thoughts of mine with you,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 01:59AM by benia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making WAMP suitable for Drupal 8 OOTB
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: January 12, 2016 01:13AM

Hello benia,

Thanks for giving us your thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.