My projects link work once.
Posted by: loonattic (---.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: December 11, 2015 03:33PM

Hello Forum members,

I have successfully installed Wampserver 2 on Windows 8.1 and used it for for a couple of years to run a WordPress remote update utility.

That WordPRess program is Infinite WordPress Admin Panel.

It allows for the remote updating of any WordPress site without having to log into each installed site.

Recently upgraded to Windows 10 (fresh install) but have run into a frustrating situation.

Wampserver 2 has been successfully installed and set up with exactly the same settings.

The link for the IWPAdminPanel is listed under My Projects as before on Win 8.1.

Before installing the InfinteWordPress Admin Panel the SQL database is set up as like before and the database is ready for the IWPAdminPanel install.

After install I'm able to login to the IWPAdminPanel and set up the WordPress sites for remote updates.

The issue that arises is that when Wampserver is closed and then re-opened, the IWPAdminPanel link under My Projects doesn't work.

For some reason the settings are not being saved by the Wampserver and the entire install process has to be started again.

The SQL database still retains all the tables and Privileges but clicking the Project link brings up only the Wampserver homepage.

I'm far from being an expert on SQL or Wampserver so it was a major achievement getting it installed in the first place.

Carefully following the Forum guides helped but this issue has me stumped so I'm reaching out for assistance.

Everything I can think of has been checked and double checked and works, but the My Projects link works only once.

If Wampserver is opened after closing, the My Project link only brings me to the Wamp Homepage and the Project link doesn't work

All I can figure is that something is interfering with the saving of the settings.

Is there something about Windows 10?

I have tried an install of Wampserver 3 and installed all the Microsoft Visual C++ packages but received numerous errors.

At least Wamp 2 I somewhat understand and can install quickly but it is of little use with the settings not being retained.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My projects link work once.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 11, 2015 04:04PM

Hi,

For web applications and especially for Wordpress or Joomla (But these are not the only ones) you MUST ABSOLUTELY use VirtualHost : The need for Virtual Host

loonattic
have tried an install of Wampserver 3 and installed all the Microsoft Visual C++ packages but received numerous errors.
The best way to solve a problem is not to say that there are errors, but to say EXACTLY what those errors are.

If you have fully applied the points 03, 08 and 20 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS, as explained in the text before installation, installing 3.0.0 Wampserver is no problem, even under Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 11, 2015 07:15PM

Hi Otomatic,

I did read all the installation points before installing Wampserver 3.

This is on a fresh Windows 10 OS install so I downloaded and installed all the Visual C++ packages and installed all the Wamp3 add-ons as recommended in the Forum posts.

There is no Skype
There is no IIS
There were no previous installs of Wamp as i have been using clean Windows 10 OS backups I've made to prevent having to re-install the OS.

===

It just seemed faster and easier to install Wampserver 2 again as I'm able to install it in minutes.

Just to test out the install, Wampserver 2 was just installed on a secondary PC running Windows 8.1 and everything worked perfectly.

Shut down Wamp and restarted it and my settings were still there.

Not so on the primary PC with Windows 10.

Running the same Internet security Suite with exactly the same settings.

===

Just tried another re-install of Wampserver 2 on the new Windows 10 OS with nothing else installed and the same thing happened.

The project link worked once but closing Wamp and restarting resulted in the loss of the project settings.

So everytime I want to run the link, the SQL database tables and users have to be cleared so a fresh install of the IWPAdminPanel can occur.

I also thought that perhaps it was a browser issue but this happens on IE11 and the current releases of Chrome and Firefox.

Guess I'll have to run Wamp on the Win 8.1 PC for now.

I'm stumped.
I've been stuck on this for a week now and really have to resume my work.

Thanks.

Date: December 11, 2015 08:00PM

Hi,

I repeat that for Web applications you must use VirtualHost and not project link.
Read the link I gave in my previous message.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 11, 2015 08:29PM

Oops. Sorry,
I wasn't understanding th
e difference.

i'll check it out.

Thanks for your patience.

Date: December 11, 2015 09:04PM

Hi again Otomatic,
I had made an error in the "wampmanager.tpl" file.
Fixing it resulted in VirtualHost menu appearing.
It's all good.
Thanks for your patience and suggestions.

Date: December 11, 2015 10:05PM

Hi,

It should be better with Wampserver 3.0.0. There are more possibilities and it is easier to use.VirtualHost can be created with few clics, without manual modification of files.
You can try this :
- Run installation as an administrator.
- Do not run Wampmanager at the end of installation.
- Modify the Shortcuts, Right-click, Properties, Shortcut tab, check Run as administrator, OK, Apply, OK
- Run Wampmanager with the Shortcut.

Date: December 11, 2015 10:38PM

I will give it a try.
Thanks

Date: December 11, 2015 11:41PM

Hi Otomatic,

The installation of Wampserver 3 was successful

The Wamp icon is green.

I assumed that a SQL database would be required for the application I want to run but I'm locked out.

Tried to access the phpMyAdmin with a default login:

Username: root

Password: blank

"Cannot login to the MySQL server"

Using IE 11 as the Wampserver browser.

I looked at the config.inc.php and the setting is $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = TRUE;

Suggestions would be welcome.

Date: December 12, 2015 10:43AM

Hi,

Can you access to MySQL Console ?
- Wampmanager Icon->MySQL->MySQL Console
For Password type Enter as there is no password.

Is there errors in mysql log ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.