Recommended Procedure for Securing the Config Page
Posted by: muck312 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 31, 2013 03:00PM

I am a newb at this stuff but I do have wampserver up and running fine, all is configured properly with one exception.

I can view the server configuration page directly through the IP address. Is there a recommended procedure to secure this page from public view, behind a password or simply blocked access?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recommended Procedure for Securing the Config Page
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 31, 2013 06:26PM

It comes secured out of the box.

As long as you dont 'Put Online' ( its not required for normal running ) Apache is configured to only respond to requests from 127.0.0.1 i.e. localhost.

So it will ignore a request from any other ip address.

Posted by: muck312 (---.static.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: June 01, 2013 03:43AM

If I select "Put Offline" the server stops responding to clients over the internet.

I need to leave apache up but put the server configuration page behind a password or somehow blocked from access. Can the server configuration page be put behind a firewall while leaving the server accessible?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: June 01, 2013 07:52AM

Oh right so you want to server pages to the world but stop access to the wamp home page. Right I get it now.

The best way to do that is to leave WAMP set to Offline and create a Virtual Host for each site that you want to be visible to the world.

This way you can leave the c:\wamp\www security set to only 'allow from localhost' but the virtual hosts can be 'allow from all'

Heres a tutorial on how to setup virtual hosts:

[forum.wampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.