Making my site live?
Posted by: braumab (---.westmemphispolice.com)
Date: May 31, 2013 11:21PM

Hello again,

So, i have my wordpress site working beautifully on WAMP. It's actually completed and is ready to be transferred. What im running into is this ...

Whoever set the website up for my company did so locally. So, when you use localhost in the server (which is on port 80), you are redirected to the old website which is currently live. I look into the folder that is live which c:\websitefolder and it looks as if the website was made with asp.net (i dont know about that language)

Had I been using an outside source to host my domain, I would simply export the database and make some easy changes and viola! but, not so much here.

Im using a different port than 80 but I cannot figure out how to get the website to redirect to my live site., Out of curiousity I decided to move all of my wordpress files to c:/websitefolder and hope that worked but it didnt. It tells me that Im forbidden to see the page.

Im now stuck and confused. Ive been researching for days and I still have no solution. The hosts file has an ip address assigned to the website url. Makes sense....

How do I transfer my wordpress files over and make my new wordpress site live?. Ive never had to do this locally so im confused. Obviously, the DNS and all that is setup...I just need to figure out what to do next and I think im good to go...

Thanks in advance,

Adam Simpson

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.