rewrite rules
Posted by: Halvor M (---.80-203-244.nextgentel.com)
Date: January 08, 2006 06:58PM

I have had had problems running rewrite rules in my httpd.conf. The apache service simply would not restart after my edits.

After a lot of fooling around, I found this tip on the net:

"Do a search for the word mod_rewrite in the newly opened httpd.conf and you will find two instances:

#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.soAnd

#AddModule mod_rewrite.cUncomment these lines by removing the # character, and then save the file."

Well, I uncommented the LoadModule, and apache server would start properly.

However, I have not been able to find the AddModlule in my httpd.conf - and my rewrites are still not working.

What to do now...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rewrite rules
Posted by: Bilal (---.upc-f.chello.nl)
Date: January 08, 2006 07:11PM

same here man, i'am waiting on a reply too!

Posted by: Halvor M (---.telecomputing.no)
Date: January 09, 2006 10:27AM

Damn it - I have been trying everything from banging my mouse repeatedly on my desk to polishing my server casing and trying to cheer it on - think we need some input here...

I am a new WAMP5 user, and I am very impressed with the user-friendliness and GUI system. However, one should think that virtualhosting and rewrite-rules would be supported (I think it is, just that I am to n00b to figure it out).

In other words... help ! : -)

Date: January 09, 2006 09:16PM

"I am a new WAMP5 user, and I am very impressed with the user-friendliness and GUI system. "

- Same here, man...i love WAMP !!!

"However, one should think that virtualhosting and rewrite-rules would be supported (I think it is, just that I am to n00b to figure it out)."

- mad co-sign on this one...They should make it a bit easier to add/delete
virtual hosts and setting the rewrite-rules....but there are some other things too...

Posted by: Halvor M (---.telecomputing.no)
Date: January 11, 2006 01:14PM

Well, if the rewrite rule isn't included in the wamp5 installation - is there any way to add this functionality?

I mean, virtualhosting is pretty normal, and necessary to maintain security on a php system - how to do this and make it practical without rewrites?

Must be someone out there who has figured this one out - how to use rewrite rules under Wamp5 Apache server?

Date: January 14, 2006 03:18PM

*bump*

How can we use Wamp if we can't run rewrites?

My problem is that my cms intercepts all incoming http requests. I need rewrites to enable other directories to be readable as well.

I have tried aliasing, but my cms intercepts those to :-)

Please - we are several people who need input here...

Date: January 15, 2006 07:12AM

**** it man...thnx for helping us out here!

Posted by: Sam (---.f9.co.uk)
Date: January 15, 2006 08:31PM

Well the rewrite works in 1.5 ive just upgraded to 1.6 and I'm gonna downgrade back to 1.5 again as I've tried everything i can think of to get it working in the new version.

Date: January 15, 2006 10:22PM

Downgrading feels a little contrary to this whole project though - there has got to be a fix here... Probably just installing a addon_module or something...

Lets hear from someone who has made this work !

Posted by: Ian (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: January 16, 2006 05:12AM

I had a bit of a problem with rewrites until I realised that the alias I had set up had the "AllowOverride None" directive which was preventing the rewrites from working in that directory. With that fixed, everything was fine (and yes, I am using 5.1.6.0).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.