SOLVED - Where is the MySQL installer program?
Posted by: SimonT (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 03, 2015 11:50PM

This is SOLVED - see the reply I posted:

I want to turn off auto-updates for MySql.

To do so, I need to run the installer but I can't find it.

Where it is in the WAMP directory structure and what is its name?

I have WampServer Version 2.5 installed (that's from the WAMP systray Icon contextual menu)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2015 12:07AM by SimonT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where is the MySQL installer program?
Date: December 04, 2015 12:05AM

I found it.

I was looking in the wrong place.

I completely forgot that a startup menu folder is created for MySQL. There is a link for the installer in that folder.

And, for future reference, the program itself is at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Installer for Windows\MySQLInstaller.exe" Community

At least that is where it is on this Windows Vista install.

Re: SOLVED - Where is the MySQL installer program?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 04, 2015 10:07AM

Simon,

I am not exactly sure what you are tring to do, but WAMPServer does not install anything into the folder you mention above.

All WAMPServer install files live below a \wamp\ folder.

Are you sure you actually installed WAMPServer and not something else?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: December 05, 2015 12:30AM

RiggsFolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Simon,
>
> I am not exactly sure what you are tring to do,
> but WAMPServer does not install anything into the
> folder you mention above.
>
> All WAMPServer install files live below a \wamp\
> folder.
>
> Are you sure you actually installed WAMPServer and
> not something else?

This question was in conjunction to my question at [forum.wampserver.com] regarding auto updates I was seeing for MySQL.

Thank you for the reply, it enabled me to resolve both issues.

Some time back I did attempt to install MySQL by itself for use under the Abyss server package. I ran into problems which I could not resolve and canceled the installation. I thought I had cleaned up after it and gotten rid of everything but it seems I missed some of it.

When I failed to get MySQL installed, I looked around, found WAMP, installed it, and have been using it instead of the Abyss server for local work.

The only files in the Start Menu folder for MySQL are installer files, it contains none of the actual MySQL system files.

It is strange, however, that I began seeing the update being run in a command prompt window only after I installed WAMP but not when I did the aborted separate install of MySQL. Well, we'll never know for sure what was happening.

I thought that the "auto update" I was seeing was part of the MySQL package installed with WAMP. It must have been for the partially installed copy.

To test everything, I have renamed the MySQL directory under the program files directory, started WAMP and everything came up as expected.

The issue is resolved.

Simon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2015 12:39AM by SimonT.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2015 09:35AM

Hi,

> I thought that the "auto update" I was seeing was part of the MySQL package installed with WAMP
NO.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.