Upgraded MySQL - wamp doesn't upgrade service.
Posted by: Birger52 (---.dk)
Date: November 28, 2015 12:24AM

Hi.
Win7 running Wamp2.5 - Apache 2.4.9 64bit.

Had a lot of problems with MySQL - not sure why (suspecting SyncToy to messup tablefiles)
Can not create new new databases/tables, with the same names as the old ones - errormessages says it because they do not exist...?
And mysql logs are empty - has never been anything in there. And nothing in apache logs to indicate problems.
Can't delete folders (marked ad read only - I am the owner and administrator, and still can't remove that protection - M$ really should pay the time they are wasting...)
Deleted individual files - but they are still somewhere in there, and it is getting to be some kind of pain and caotic...

Anyhow - installer MySQL 5.7.9 64bit
And it seems to be OK.
In Wamp I have both versions available.

The "how to's" I've seen, says to simply select the new version and restart the server. It will then update the wampmysqld64 service, to use the selected database.

But it dont.
The checkmark moves to 5.7.9 - but the service i still running the old version (5.6.17)
So - what do I do to change the service?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upgraded MySQL - wamp doesn't upgrade service.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 28, 2015 09:50AM

Hi,

You can switch MySQL Versions by wampmanager ; the new service is created.

BUT... MySQL 5.7.9 HAS NO data folder, so BEFORE switch version you must create this folder and the datas tables inside by a command line launched into wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.7.9/bin/

mysqld.exe --initialize-insecure

AND you must write a my.ini file that does not exists.

AND you must create users and password you use with previous version

AND the one and only way to transfert databases from old version to new one is export / import in SQL files

AND after transfert of your database, you must run mysql_upgrade.

Then you cannot use the same databases between two different branch of MySQL 5.6.x and 5.7.x

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2015 11:20AM by Otomatic.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.