WAMP Freezing up
Posted by: Nyquest (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2013 01:46AM

Hello,

First, this is my first time actually coming to the forums to reach out for help.. So I appreciate any advice given. Please forgive any ignorance I may have. I attempt to research my problems before I reach out but this one has got me pretty good.

I built a website designed to be used by a team of 25 people who play a rather simple game. It's a simple php based site that is used for co-ordination. The site works very well and I love the WAMP service.

My problem as of late is that when certain members first attempt to view/open the site, it causes the site to freeze up and deny all connections. I have to restart apache in order for it to work again. After it has frozen once and has been restarted they generally have no problems loading and using the site. I'm wondering if anyone has any theories as to what could cause this freeze and how I can avoid it. I've found it primarily happens from the users in Sweden and the Netherlands. I have some England and Australian users that use it without issue, as well as US and Canada.

I am using WAMP 2.2 on Windows 7.

I again appreciate any theories to help resolve this.

Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP Freezing up
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: May 06, 2013 08:23AM

Thats a tricky one, first you will need to stop the server, go to c:\wamp\logs and delete everything from the 2-3 files.

then restart the server. as soon as the problem occurs again, Save a copy of those files else where and then restart the server. once it restarts and is running ok again , save another copy of the files.

send the 6 files to me and i will have a look.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: WAMP Freezing up
Posted by: Nyquest (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 07, 2013 12:59AM

E-mail sent. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.