WampServer 3.0
Posted by: jonesypeter (---.orbital.net)
Date: November 26, 2015 11:12PM

Hi,

Firstly, can I pass my thoughts to the people of France we the awful recent events. We stand side by side in support with you.

I'm a new user to WampServer and once I got everything running, I'm really pleased with it. Just a few suggestions?

I know if does not alter the functionality but is there any chance of updating the look of the menu (The one powered by otomatic). It looks very dated, and perhaps needs updating.

I get a message that PHPMyAdmin is out of date. Will this be updated, and will I need to uninstall and re-install again to update?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 11:16PM by jonesypeter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer 3.0
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 27, 2015 10:14AM

Hi,

> updating the look of the menu (The one powered by otomatic).
> It looks very dated, and perhaps needs updating.
The menus of Wampmanager icon are designed by Aestan Tray Menu, which has not changed since 2008. We have the chance that it works very well, even with 64-bit Windows 10. So no possible new look ... The most important is the content, not the container.

> I get a message that PHPMyAdmin is out of date.
> Will this be updated, and will I need to uninstall and re-install again to update?
Don't uninstall! The re-install will not update PhpMyAdmin.
I don't think I'll write update for PhpMyAdmin. It is something very simple to install yourself.

Download last version from https://www.phpmyadmin.net/
Example for PhpMyAdmin 4.5.2, but it is the same for any new version.
The downloaded file is : phpMyAdmin-4.5.2-all-languages.zip
Unzip this file into wamp\apps\
You obtain directory : wamp\apps\phpMyAdmin-4.5.2-all-languages\
Rename the directory to : wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.5.2\
--- Note : respect the lower case.
From the previous version wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.5.1\ copy the file config.inc.php into the new version wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.5.2\.
Edit the alias file : wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf
Replace both occurrences of wamp/apps/phpmyadmin4.5.1/ by wamp/apps/phpmyadmin4.5.2/
Save the file.
Launch Wampserver.
Launch PhpMyAdmin.
You may suppress the directory of the old version : wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.5.1\

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.