WAMP icon is orange and Apache doesn't work
Posted by: decombs21 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 19, 2015 06:25AM

Greetings:

I went through the 21 points in the read.php for WAMP server and have answered the questions suggested to try before I post to this forum.

First, I want to extend my appreciation to you volunteers that monitor this site as your experience is tremendously valuable to newbs trying to get into CMS based website development. Here are the results of my going through the read file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

01 – Not applicable. New installation.
02 – Yes, WAMP was installed with me as Administrator. WAMP was installed as suggested, C:\WAMP.
03 – Yes, SKYPE is installed. Corrected the setting as suggested.
04 – WAMP icon is orange, sigh. The WAMP menu in the tray is accessible just fine.
05 – wampmysqld is started, manual startup; wampapache is not.
06 – I had another php.ini file in an old site on another partition and changed its name, so it is not a problem.
07 – There is only 1 php.ini file in C:\wasmp\bin\php\php5.5.12.
08 – No. IIS is not installed.
09 – This is what is in the hosts file:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

I don’t know if the above needs editing or not.

I am running MS firewall and MS Security Essentials neither of which seem to be blocking WAMP, MySQL or MyPHP.

I was able to PING for both IPV4 and IPV6 successfully.

10 – None of the WAMP files are listed in hosts.

11 – None of the programs mentioned here are installed.

12 – Only this warning is present:

2015-11-15 22:05:32 3188 [Warning] No existing UUID has been found, so we assume that this is the first time that this server has been started. Generating a new UUID: 0b51cbc9-8c28-11e5-9f76-001cc0913b85.

There are no errors, however it does seem that Apache is not running whereas mywampsqld is said to be ready for connections. It is ported on 3306. Interestingly when I had Apache test port 80 it responded, “Your port 80 is not actually used.”

13 – Yes there are errors but none related to WAMP. The ones present had to do with Internet Explorer, Nero InCD, Netgear and WMI, none of which occurred when I began to test WAMP.

14 – From I can tell on Windows Remote Management use port 80 or 3306 according to “Inbound Rules.” No services in “Outbound Rules” use port 80 or 3306.

15 – I did uninstall and reinstall WAMP to be sure I installed as Administrator. I made sure to check “show hidden files” and also unchecked “hide extensions of known file types.”

16 – I have a 32 bit Windows OS and installed the 32 bit version of WAMP.

17 – No such “Forbidden” messages were seen. I can’t access “localhost” or the “localhost\phpmyadmin.” I get an “unable to connect” message in the body of the page, “Require local” is present.

18 – No such message is encountered.

19 – No password was created or used, never got that far.

20 – For a while I couldn’t get the system tray WAMP icon to come up until I installed VC 5, 8, 10 and 12. I couldn’t find VC11 so I installed VC13, still no joy. Sigh.

21 – No chance to make a backup.

Apache : 2.4.9
MySQL : 5.6.17
PHP : 5.5.12
PHPMyAdmin : 4.1.14
SqlBuddy : 1.3.3
XDebug : 2.2.5

And lastly I’m using Windows Vista SP2. I know what you must think, but it works a treat. It is installed on my spare computer which I’ve always used for straight HTML site development, but now it’s time to graduate to … a CMS.

I haven’t set up a virtual host yet and really don’t know how to proceed to do so. I see MS advises IIS but from I’ve read in thE read.php, WAMP doesn’t play nice with IIS, or is it vice versa?

So it comes down to what I have to do. I currently have Word Press installed on Hostway but want to have it installed locally for ease of use. Hah!

And thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP icon is orange and Apache doesn't work
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 19, 2015 09:30AM

Hi,

In the Services Manager, try to start the service wampapache to see what is the errror.
See also error in the Events Viewer.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 19, 2015 10:39PM

Thanks for your help.

There are 3 errors, 1 has to do with Nero, 1 for Mozilla and and another for WMI:

//./root/CIMV2
SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
0x80041003

I see nothing specifically related to wampapache in the Events Viewer, Administrative Events.

Wampmysqld is running fine, but no Apache references.

Date: November 19, 2015 10:41PM

Also there are no errors in the apache_error.log.

Date: November 20, 2015 11:11AM

I read the file having to do with setting up the Virtual Host and learned a lot. I had no idea it was so simple.

I followed the examples and changed all the files mentioned. I set up a Virtual Host for an MCS site I had and couldn't bring it up. I still can't get to bring up the local host or phpMyAdmin pages.

So I'm still at a loss to get WAMP up and running. I'll also double check my edits to the files. I ran httpd -t and found a few errors but fixed them.

And still have an orange icon.

If anyone has any other ideas I'd like to hear any tips you may have.

Dave out.

Date: November 20, 2015 12:47PM

Hi,

> //./root/CIMV2
> SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND
> TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
> 0x80041003

I do not understand this error.
Is this what you get when you want to start the wampapache service?
- Services Manager (Start, Run: services.msc)
- Right-click on the wampapache Service
- Select Properties
- Start Button

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 20, 2015 08:09PM

That makes 2 of us.

It was the only error present and had nothing to do with WAMP server (or so it seems).

I was just posting what I found in case someone thought it important to help get Apache going.

Thanks your continued help.

Date: November 20, 2015 08:40PM

I went to Windows Services and sadly don't see wampapache at all. Only wampmysqld, it is started.

Date: November 20, 2015 09:09PM

Hi,
Even if Icon is not green
Wampmanager Icon->Apache->Service->Install Service
Wampmanager Icon->Apache->Service->Start Service

Date: November 20, 2015 10:57PM

THANK YOU OTOMATIC!

I followed your instructions and now I have a green icon.

Mucho appreciado from California.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.