Trouble with WAMP icon tray
Posted by: Wesley Green (---.telebecinternet.net)
Date: January 05, 2006 02:17AM

Here's something I haven't been able to figure out. Hopefully someone here will know what's wrong.

Okay, I have WAMP 5_1.4.5RCI installed on my Win XP machine. I have Joomla and Virtuemart running on the WAMP server. When I installed the WAMP server, everything worked just fine. The WAMP icon tray showed up in the tray in the lower right corner just like it's suppose to.

After installing it then setting up Joomla and Virtuemart, I restarted my computer. Once it came back on, I double-clicked on the WAMP server icon on my desktop to start it, a DOS window suddenly appeared then disappeared. No WAMP icon tray appeared.

I typed in [localhost]. and the WAMP Homepage shows up. I then entered the index page of the Joomla Admin, and it shows up like it should. But no WAMP icon tray.

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure my WAMP server is running but I can not figure out why the WAMP icon tray isn't showing up. I do the 3-finger salute to bring up Windows Task Manager but it doesn't show it's running under the Applications tab but it is under the Processes tab- if that means anything.

I would love to find out how to bring the WAMP icon tray back. So any and all help would REALLY be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Wesley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trouble with WAMP icon tray
Posted by: nobby5628 (---.lns1-c8.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 10, 2006 06:18PM

Wesley,

Same thing happened to me, changing the properties in the customise under the task bar menu failed for me.

Try going to run and type "msconfig" >> goto startup tab and uncheck wampserver. restart then manually start wamp server. it should show in the Icon tray.

Hope this helps

Steve

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.