New Release Suggestion/Request
Posted by: Kirk Fraser (209.34.136.---)
Date: November 05, 2015 09:03PM

My Wamp server has been working great for a year with one exception. Whenever a power outage hits or a child shuts off the remote server or Microsoft did an upgrade once a month, WAMP does not come back up when the power turns on like Windows and TeamViewer does. So I suggest it needs another patch, to automatically restart after power off.

I have mentioned this before and was told to try to use the Windows auto-start feature, but that did not work on WAMP. Then I was told it would not be done because WAMP is for testing webpages, not for real work or something like that. Since some time has passed, perhaps a new programmer is involved with Apache or Wamp and might be willing to add this request to their hopper. Who should I send it to? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Release Suggestion/Request
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 05, 2015 09:09PM

WAMPServer is basically a control tool for Apache amd MySQL

If you want Apache and/or MySQL to start at System Boot then it is a simple job to change the 2 services

wampapache and wampmysqld to auto start at runtime.

This is your best solution, and then ignore the wampmanager completely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2015 06:14PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: sTimulated (---.plus.com)
Date: November 07, 2015 02:38PM

My wamp starts on pc boot up.
Just put a shortcut into startup folder.

Posted by: Kirk Fraser (209.34.136.---)
Date: November 08, 2015 04:57PM

Thanks. On Win98 dragging the WAMP shortcut to the timed start folder then adjusting the properties time to startup appears so work.

I guess trying to enter it manually instead of by dragging the icon failed previously.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.