Mail in WAMP
Posted by: janstegmeijer (---.static.ziggozakelijk.nl)
Date: October 22, 2015 04:36PM

Hello,

I'm using WAMP on my server. Everything works fine, only mailing does not work. I have a private SMTP server. that uses port 25.(TLS) the error that i'm getting is that my credentials cannot be authenticated ( it doesnt see my username and password).
Here is my config.

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
; [php.net]
SMTP_server = mail.example.com
auth_username = example@example.com
auth_password = *********
; [php.net]
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
; [php.net]
;sendmail_from =

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i"winking smiley.
; [php.net]
; sendmail_path = "

; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as extra parameters
; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of
; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.
;mail.force_extra_parameters =

; Add X-PHP-Originating-Script: that will include uid of the script followed by the filename
;mail.add_x_header = On

; The path to a log file that will log all mail() calls. Log entries include
; the full path of the script, line number, To address and headers.
;mail.log =
; Log mail to syslog (Event Log on NT, not valid in Windows 95).
;mail.log = syslog

I've tried using sendmail and phpmailer but none of them seem to be able to show the authentication needed to login into the smtp server. Im thinking its the way that i put the username and passwords in the config file. but i don't know the correct way to do so.
Any help is apriciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mail in WAMP
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: October 22, 2015 05:18PM

Where did you get the idea that these parameters existed

auth_username = example@example.com
auth_password = *********

As far as I know they dont.

I dont know sendmail, but phpMailer should be fine if you code it correctly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 23, 2015 09:06AM

Read it on another forum. i've tried PHPmailer, but still no authentication gets send to the smtp server. i read somewhere that phpmailer gets blocked by some smtp servers? i am using kerio.

Date: October 23, 2015 10:06AM

Then we cannot be of much help, and as this is an application issue it is not the focus of this forum. Sorry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 27, 2015 10:18AM

It has been resolved, turns out i was editing the wrong .ini file... ._. apparantly there are multiple. and i used Sendmail to send credentials.

Date: October 27, 2015 10:22AM

\wamp\bin\php\phpx.y.z\php.ini <- Used for PHP CLI only

\wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z\php.ini <- Used by PHP run under Apache

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 27, 2015 10:30AM

Hi,

> It has been resolved, turns out i was editing the wrong .ini file... ._. apparantly there are multiple.

The « good » php.ini file to edit is easy to find:
- Wampmanager Icon->PHP->php.ini
that is wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.9/bin/php.ini but which is actually a symbolic link on wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/phpForApache.ini file.

The wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/php.ini file is only used for the command line (CLI PHP) that is to say for internal Wampserver PHP scripts.

There are two initialization files because the command line (CLI PHP) needs only minimal extensions. The loading of some extensions could degrade the operation CLI and even, in some cases, generate fatal errors.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.