projects do not work [solved]
Posted by: paul1107 (5.62.1.---)
Date: October 18, 2015 06:15PM

I have had install a new copy of wamp, but despite implementing all the setting in the forum stickies, it is not working.

the issue is that my project files do not open, even though I have set them up as virtual hosts in httpd-vhosts.conf, hosts, wampmanager.tpl file etc. as per the tutorials and below:

vhosts.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www"
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias localhost
<Directory "d:/wamp/www">
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www/project1"
ServerName project1
<Directory "d:/wamp/www/project1">
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www/test"
ServerName test
<Directory "d:/wamp/www/test">d
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

hosts

27.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 wordpress
127.0.0.1 test
127.0.0.1 project1

::1 localhost
::1 test
::1 wordpress
::1 project1

I am running the latest 2.5 version of wamp 32bit, I have win 10 pro 64bit, and have made changes to windows web services as recommended.

the wamp icon is on green

I have spent a full day going over the tutorials, but cannot find out what is wrong, my last resort is to come to the forums and ask the question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2015 07:06PM by paul1107.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: projects do not work
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: October 18, 2015 08:52PM

First, did you check that WAMPServer's base install worked before going on to define Virtual Hosts?

Do not work is not a particularly helpful descriptions. Can you be more specific please

Minor bug in vhost definintions

<Directory "d:/wamp/www/test">d

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: paul1107 (5.62.2.---)
Date: October 19, 2015 11:53AM

hi, thanks for your response and pointing out the minor typo in Vhosts which has now been corrected.

I did check the base install prior to me adding the vhosts in so much as everything looked as if it was working ok and the "W" icon was green I could access phpadmin and the home page localhost was viewable as expected. but at that point had no projects until setting them up in Vhost.

After I did set them up as shown in in the previous post, I can see them appear in "My Virtual Hosts" in the wampmanager menu but in the "test" VH for example where I have placed a basic hello world index.php file just to make sure it is working as expected, I find that clicking on My Virtual Hosts>test only takes me to the "localhosts" page and NOT to the index.php page within that folder.

And while the "test" folder appears in "your projects" list in localhost page and it is clickable, upon clicking it, it resolves back to the localhost page again.

So basically the issue seems to be that I can set up VHosts ok, but the content of those folders are not displaying?

I hope that clarifies it a little more for you?

thanks again

Date: October 19, 2015 12:26PM

Ok

If you enter what you believe to be a valid domain name ( valid because you have a VH and an entry in the HOSTS file ) and it takes you to localhost ( actually to the first VH definition in the VH Def file ) it means there is an issue somewhere with the VH Definition for that domain name.

Apache will default to the first VALID VH Definition when it cannot find the domain name for some reason.

Try changing your Virtual Host Definitions to this :-

Note the addition of
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

# Should be the first VHOST definition so that it is the default virtual host
# Also access rights should remain restricted to the local PC and the local network
# So that any random ip address attack will recieve an error code and not gain access

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www"
   ServerName localhost
   <Directory "d:/wamp/www">
      AllowOverride All
      Require local
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www/project1"
   ServerName project1
   <Directory "d:/wamp/www/project1">
      AllowOverride All
      Require local
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www/test"
   ServerName test
   <Directory "d:/wamp/www/test">
      AllowOverride All
      Require local
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 19, 2015 12:39PM

Thanks RiggsFolly,

I have changed using your suggestion and nothing has changed, though I realised that I may have misled you in so much as when browsing to My Virtual Hosts > test, the browser resolves to test/ in the address bar, but the localhost page is displayed, wheras the contents of the test folder is index.php that outputs "this is a test"

sorry to to have confused you.

regards

Date: October 19, 2015 01:03PM

What browser are you using, out of interest?

Date: October 19, 2015 01:06PM

Chromodo which is based on chromium

Date: October 19, 2015 01:16PM

Can you try it in IE and Firefox, to see what if anything different happens.

Date: October 19, 2015 01:32PM

I have changed to firefox, but still no change to the issue, sorry

Date: October 19, 2015 02:49PM

Would you like to try a Team Viewer session. I can see whats actually going on then.

If YES then, send me a Private Message (see link in Go to: menu on the post menu)

Send me your TV ID and PASSWORD and we will see if we cannot TroubleShoot this together,

Date: October 19, 2015 03:14PM

PM Sent

Date: October 19, 2015 03:57PM

RiggsFolly a MASSIVE thanks for sorting out my problem, which was my own doing!

for anyone else reading he asked to take control of my pc via team viewer and sorted the problem out really quickly, no harm done, brilliant solution really easy and nice friendly chap too... thanks again! smiling smiley

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 19, 2015 05:42PM

Hi,

@paul1107 Please edit your first message to add [solved] at the beginning of the subject.

@RiggsFolly Be careful not to get to big for your boots!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: projects do not work [solved]
Date: October 19, 2015 07:07PM

OK, thanks, added solved to title of first entry

Re: projects do not work [solved]
Date: October 19, 2015 11:16PM

Problem was simply that the Include of the `httpd-vhost.conf` file had been removed from the `httpd.conf` file. Therefore the Virtual Hosts were not being created by Apache.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.