Help Fixing Cannot Find Server
Posted by: Reechy (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: September 21, 2015 08:09PM

So I installed wamp the other day to do some work. I had it all installed and running the webpage perfectly yesterday morning, however last night and today I now get an error in Firefox saying the server cannot be found.

When I go to localhost, I go into the public folder of the project as it is made with laravel, and in there it should immediately transfer to the home page of the website. It works fine in chrome, and it did work in Edge however it now does not work in Edge.

I tried using 127.0.0.1 for Firefox and it worked, however it doesn't work anymore. I have no idea what it going on at this point, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and all that. The only think I changed yesterday between when it worked and it didn't, is I removed the repository from sourcetree and made a specific folder in wamp's www folder to hold the project as before I had the whole www folder as the repository.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated, currently I am using chrome to debug the site but I am getting tired of going between it for the site and Firefox for everything else.

I have tried everything I have found online for help but nothing seems to be working. As some added info, when I monitor the network it shows the page is giving a 301 Moved Permanently error.

Windows Version: Windows 10 64bit
WampServer Version: 2.5 64bit
Apache Version:2.4.9
PHP Version: 5.5.12
MySQL Version: 5.6.17
WAMP Icon is Green

I can view the localhost main page and the phpMyAdmin page, the issue is when I navigate into the public folder of the website, instead of being shown the main page of the site, I get a Server Not Found error.

the full path to the wamp folder is F:\Programming\wamp

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 10:15PM by Reechy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help Fixing Cannot Find Server
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 22, 2015 10:07AM

Hi,

Microsoft Edge runs with network isolation by default for security reasons. To enable loopback and debug your localhost server, launch Edge and type in the address bar : about:flags then there are some options like this:
Edge
Developer Settings

X Use the Microsoft Compatibility Lists
X Allow localhost loopback (this may expose your device to risks)
These two options must be checked.

Check ALL points of: Checks to be made if you have a problem

And, for your local site you must use VirtualHost: The need for Virtual Host

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.