PHPMyAdmin ,.... Access Forbiden,..... WordPress wont install
Posted by: Aaron V (---.lightspeed.okcbok.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 09, 2012 09:57AM

I've gotten WAMP to install with no errors, but when I ghet to install WordPress it says it cannot connect to the database on either localhost or 127.0.0.1 I then change the hosta and http.conf file to add the 127.0.0.1 line ive seen on the forums then i get access forbidden errors.

Any new help would be appreciated,...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHPMyAdmin ,.... Access Forbiden,..... WordPress wont install
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: November 09, 2012 10:39AM

Did you CREATE the database before trying the install?

Did you edit the WP config file to add the database name and userid/password you created on MySQL when you created the database?

Date: November 09, 2012 09:19PM

no I should just be able to run the install script and it should do all that for me,... Its worked many times that way on my internet paid hosting,... The error is basically saying that my host server is down,.... After reinstalling WAMP PhpMyAdmin is finally working and the green icon is saying online with all the services running. But no matter what i do, when trying to install WordPress its saying basically that apache i guess cant find MySql,....

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: November 09, 2012 09:51PM

Yea !!! And guess what, they do that for you because they dont what you to, because they dont want you to be able to create 100's of databases..

Take it from me. CREATE A DATABASE. Just the database not any tables. Use phpMyAdmin.

THEN edit the config file........ Oh just read the 5 minute install document on the wordpress site. Any muppet should be able to follow that, I can !

Date: November 09, 2012 10:32PM

i made a MySql Database and filled out the config.php with tall the info,.. and it goes to a page saying the config.php is already filled out and to install,... once it goes to the next page it gives me the same error saying cannot connect to database,..... or server is down,....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.