Combine or merge WAMP folders
Posted by: Quartermaster (---.hrbgpa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 29, 2015 01:41AM

Recently I did an OS reinstall, and I have my previous WAMP folder with five additional sites I would like to merge into my current WAMP installation. I know I can copy the sites from the old www folder to the new one.
And I can update the hosts, and conf.http, etc.

But what about copying the mySql databases? I'm sure it's not as easy as copying the files across.

Can someone provide step by step instructions so I don't break anything.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Combine or merge WAMP folders
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 29, 2015 03:58PM

Hi,

Get inspired by Installing a new release of WAMPServer

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: August 29, 2015 04:02PM

Umm, hi back atcha. ;-)

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: August 29, 2015 04:21PM

Hello.

The simplest thing to do is backup your databases on the old wamp and then restore them on the new install.

You can use phpMyAdmin to do this, or if the databases are very large use the mysql.exe of mysqldump.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 29, 2015 06:27PM

I wish I could, but all I have from the previous installation is the WAMP folders, which I assume have the mySql databases within that structure.

I was hoping there was some way to just copy the contents of {oldwampfiles} to the corresponding folders in the current install, and edit a configuration file for MySql to see them again. (Or add them back in as a batch.)

Date: August 29, 2015 07:19PM

Hi,

> I was hoping there was some way to just copy the contents of {oldwampfiles}
> to the corresponding folders in the current install, and edit a configuration file
> for MySql to see them again. (Or add them back in as a batch.)
It will work with the files of your local sites and redeclaration VirtualHost, but it is absolutely not work with the file copy of MySQL databases. The only way to transfer databases between different versions of MySQL is the export / import with SQL files.
Well if you reread the link I gave you, you will see that if you still have the old Wamp folder, it is entirely possible to revive the old version of wamp.
And, once you have revived the old version, you can export your databases in a SQL file.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: August 29, 2015 08:07PM

Oh, I miscommunicated, the MySql versions are the same!
Just had to reload the OS after a harddrive crash.
So, what I need to do is add several previous, but the same version, sites to the existing install.

Date: August 29, 2015 09:25PM

Hi,
It may be without success!
Copy ALL files and folders from wamp/bin/mysql/mysql.x.y.z./data/ to the same path over existing files.

Date: August 30, 2015 12:45AM

DONT COPY THE wamp/bin/mysql/mysql.x.y.z./data/mysql folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 30, 2015 12:49AM

Don't copy the /mysql folder?
Yikes.
Did that already, but the three original sites are still working fine.

When I try to access the first of the two I copied across, I get the following errors:

[i.imgur.com]

Date: August 30, 2015 03:03PM

Hi,

Errors are sufficient in themselves.
Either the file does not exist, or the path is not good.
In addition, the backslash (\) are very poorly accepted within PHP paths, use the slash (/). If you definitely want to use the backslash, you must double them: \\.

Date: August 30, 2015 03:28PM

One possible thing to look at is that the include_path seems to be set to the default in the second error

Edit php.ini using the wampmanager menus

wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini

Find this parameter "include_path=" and set it to include_path=".;c:/wamp/bin/php/php{version}/include"

Date: August 30, 2015 06:53PM

Working on it...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.