Installation problem: Apache doesn't work, phpMyAdmin page not found?
Posted by: MarisStella (---.lightspeed.brhmal.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 06, 2015 12:53AM

I am trying to install Wampserver in order to then install Wordpress in order to develop a website. I have previously tried to set up some kind of server in order to do this, but it didn't work, and I do not remember what program or steps I tried to use except that I had to go into a Windows permissions area and check or uncheck boxes about Windows' ability to act as a server.

The problem (or the symptom, anyway): When I click on the phpMyAdmin listing on the Wampserver pop up menu, it takes me to a "HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found" website message.

Here is the various troubleshooting information:

This computer is running Windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit.

I just downloaded and installed Wampserver 2.5.

The versions of PhP, Apache, and MySQL are whatever would come with that. (I don't know how to tell otherwise.)

The Wampserver icon is orange/yellow.

PhP, Apache, and MySQL error logs open notebook with a pop-up saying the files does not exist, do I want to create one? I guess this is because I haven't done anything with these things?

The Windows Event Viewed listed lots of Information on MySQL and other things, but red error warnings on all 8 instances of Apache showing up. In order, these are as follows:

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. : AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80 .

>>> (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. : AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 .

>>> AH00451: no listening sockets available, shutting down .

>>> AH00015: Unable to open logs .

Some lines later it repeated these same 4 red error warnings.

I don't know what program to use to read the c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.

I will be grateful for any assistance. Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.