Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
How do i get Apache Working
Posted by: Ste (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: December 22, 2005 02:16AM

I have uninstalled the last version (No problems there)
But since the latest version, i cannot seem to install apache even though it is bundled in ith the program.

Every time i try to click Install Service, nothing happens.... Any Suggestion ?

I am willing to run MSN Remote Assistance or VNC to get this problem sorted out.

Thank You for your time

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do i get Apache Working
Posted by: Romain Bourdon (---.w193-251.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: December 22, 2005 09:24AM

You need to clean up your windows registry (regedit). Follow the explanations you will find in the FAQ of this site, then reinstalle the service and everything should work.

romain

Posted by: Ste (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: December 24, 2005 03:08PM

Thank You, everything appears to be working great now smiling smiley

Posted by: Dave (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: December 25, 2005 08:58PM

hi i have the same problem i followed the instuctions in the faq but they didnt seem to work is thee any more help you can give me

Dave

Posted by: Romain Bourdon (---.w193-251.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: December 26, 2005 11:33AM

Could you give us more unformatiĆ on on your system, install, probelm, error message?

Romain

Posted by: Rasmus (---.ds1-vey.adsl.cybercity.dk)
Date: December 27, 2005 01:54PM

I have the same problem as well.

I tried following the instuctions in the faq#9, reinstalling wamp, restarting the computer but nothing helps.

When I start wamp server only 1 of 2 services is running and when I try to install the Apache service nothing happens.

I get no error messages at all.

Posted by: moiaussi (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: December 29, 2005 03:21AM

I have got exactly the same problem. Whatever I do installing or uninstalling there is only mysql service running. Apache service is unavailable. INSTALL SERVICE will make nothing happen at all. By the way, the system is Windows 2003.

Please give advice. Thanks.

Posted by: mtance (---.be)
Date: December 29, 2005 10:19AM

i have got exactly the same problem. Only MYSQL is working. Apache doesn`t work confused smiley
Plz help me.

Posted by: Marcel de Jager (---.introweb.nl)
Date: December 30, 2005 09:58PM

Same here,

Install without any problem but Apache doesn't work. No service and I can't get the Apache service to start (there is no service at all). Whatever I do I cannot get it to work.

It;s running on Windows XP Pro SP@ (dutch).

I did all things in the FAQ but noting helps.

Posted by: Chris (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: December 30, 2005 11:03PM

This appears to be a WAMP problem. Have exactly the same problem with a clean install. Running Win XP SP2 with all the updates. Would be good to get this working as it did before. I guess it is a result of the combining of Apache services into the program in the latest version.

Great distro though!

Date: December 30, 2005 11:21PM

I have just looked at the services running and the "wampapache" service is set to automatically start but didn't. I tried to start it from within services.msc and get the following message:

"Windows could not start wampapache on Local Computer. For more information review the system event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service specific error code 1"

The event log isn't much more helpful simply saying "The wampapache service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1)." which is about the same.

Just in case the above helps anyone.

Posted by: Marcel de Jager (---.introweb.nl)
Date: December 31, 2005 09:44AM

Hi There,

I found the sollution. When you are running SKYPE apache does'n't install or start. When I close SKYPE there is nog problem anymore and apache installs and starts right away.

Marcel

Date: December 31, 2005 11:18AM

Hi Marcel,

I found the same solution. It is on the Skype site saying that if Apache is using port 80 then there may be a conflict. I have told skype to NOT look at port 80 (Tools-Options-Connection and untick the box that says "Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections" and that was about it. I didn't need to open a port in the firewall, that appeared to work fine.

I think that this is something that needs to be made sticky so that people using skype don't have the same problem. It isn't a WAMP issue as I thought, but a skype issue - nevertheless I think that WAMP should put this more clearly in the FAQs for people that use skype. (Just a suggestion)

Chris

Posted by: bryson (---.eq.edu.au)
Date: January 05, 2006 07:08AM

I am getting exactly the same error message, and I do not have skype or any other app on my testing machine which would cause any conflict. Any thoughts on how to get this working, before I go back to the previous edition?

Bryson

Posted by: epic (---.dhcp.eucl.wi.charter.com)
Date: January 10, 2006 12:30PM

Easy solution:

1. Disable / Remove the apache service from wamp or by sc delete (servicename) or through the registry. (even if it does not display as installed).
2. After you have done that Install apache service.

Should resolve the issue, for some reason apache is not registering correctly when it's installed.

Posted by: Geri (---.pool.t-online.hu)
Date: January 10, 2006 08:10PM

Hi all!
I had the same problem today, and also have Skype installed on my XP system.
I did every of your ideas on fixing the problem:

-uninstalled wamp server
-cleaned the registry
-closed Skype
-reinstalled wamp server

...and now it's working, no problems at all. So thanks!!

(Before that, I had 1.5.10. It hadn't appear that apache service is installed, and said that 1 of 2 services is running (so no apache). I tried to install manually the service by typing in the command line: "Apache.exe -k install". After that I started manually the service in Control panel, and it worked, although still said that 1 of 2 services is running. But it worked in the background without any problems.)

Posted by: Drake (---.adsl.cybercity.dk)
Date: January 13, 2006 12:16AM

Will you plz explain how to clean the registry :-S

Posted by: Drake (---.adsl.cybercity.dk)
Date: January 13, 2006 12:18AM

sorry no prob....
this time i just closed skype(again) and tried to reinstall, but this time it works grinning smiley (have no idea what i did, but i works)

Posted by: Mark Allen (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: January 13, 2006 09:48PM

Same as above, I had to
1 uninstall wamp,
2 clean the registry,
3 have told skype to NOT look at port 80 (Tools-Options-Connection and untick the box that says "Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections"
4 reinstalled

(Drake the instructions on cleaning the registry are here
[www.wampserver.com]

This must be made a sticky there are number of similar threads on the same subject.)

Posted by: Mark Allen (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: January 13, 2006 09:51PM

I have added links to the other threads

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.