running WAMP Alongside IIS - config
Posted by: TonyMal (109.76.131.---)
Date: April 30, 2015 12:13AM

I have already changed the listening port for localhost (0.0.0.0:81) in the httpd.conf file, opened the port in my firewall and router. I can reach sites once I substitute localhost:81 for localhost in the address - all is working perfectly.

I am following the jlbn guides at mo ( I'm using WAMP 2.5 btw) and was about to set the password for root / localhost under "users" but now as my localhost is actually reached at localhost:81 (the port I opened for WAMP) do I need to change something in WAMP so it will globally recognise localhost as localhost:81 before I set the password?

I can get to sites with the port suffix :81 ok but when clicking the WAMP links - phpMyAdmin or localhost in WAMP - I get '404' errors as it doesn't have the port reflected throughout it's config. How do I configure this?

Thanks In Advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: running WAMP Alongside IIS - config
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: April 30, 2015 10:10AM

Hi Tony,

Well the simplest answer is to update your WAMPServer to 2.5.16.

This is just a zip file ( not an install ), you unzip and copy over the existing installation.

There are some great new features added in this one of which is a menu item that will allow you to reconfigure WAMPServers Apache to run on any port number. This will do all the edits to config files etc for you.

Read this post [forum.wampserver.com] there is also a download link on there.

I would set everything back to using port 80, just so it does not get confused by your changes and then use the menu links to make the changes for you. That probably means stopping IIS for a few minutes while you get WAMPServer sorted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2015 10:11AM by RiggsFolly.

Re: running WAMP Alongside IIS - config
Posted by: TonyMal (109.78.253.---)
Date: May 06, 2015 02:15AM

Thanks for that Riggs much appreciated. Worked beautifully.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.