Need help with 403 Forbidden Don't have Permission to Access problem
Posted by: hankedson (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 12, 2011 01:10AM

Hello,

When I click on the green W wampserver icon in my lower menu bar, and then click on "start all services," and then click again on the green w and click on either "localhost" or "phpMyAdmin," Firefox opens but I only get a 403 Forbidden page, that reads:

FORBIDDEN

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

I was referred to an earlier forum discussion at [forum.wampserver.com] as possible providing help with this Forbidden message I keep getting.

I tried the instructions provided in the discussion which was, if I understood them correctly: 1) uninstall IIS and 2) uncheck the box in the advanced skype tools menu directing it to use port 80.

I did both these things, I think, correctly. On my computer, I think there was IIS 7.5 Express, (I could have that name wrong. I did not find any other IIS file in my programs section of the control panel so I assume it was the right thing. There was no option to "uncheck" or "remove" it, just "uninstall," which I did and it is no longer in the list of programs on my control panel\programs section. I also logged off skype after unchecking the port 80 box, closed skype, and then restarted my computer.

I still get the "Forbidden" message.

Can anyone help?

Thanks if you can!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.