Installing 5.3 or 5.4 on WampServer 2.5?
Posted by: PeterS (---.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk)
Date: March 02, 2015 09:55AM

I have inherited a situation whereby we have production servers running various versions of PHP from 5.3 to 5.6 (long story, the plan is to fix it but not just yet)... but I can't seem to find versions of PHP 5.3 or 5.4 built with VC11 that I can drop into WampServer 2.5 for testing purposes?

Am I missing something or would my best bet (in the short term) be going to an earlier version of WampServer where I can drop in PHP 5.3/5.4 modules built on VC9?

Thanks in advance smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing 5.3 or 5.4 on WampServer 2.5?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 02, 2015 11:03AM

Ok for testing in all of these environment WAMPServer is a great solution.

FIrst thing to know is that according to microsoft, modules compiled with msvc9 & 10 should be loadable by code compiled with MSVC11. And it does appear to be true in my experience, at least as far as Apache and PHP are concerned..

I would suggest using WAMPServer 2.5 which comes with Apache 2.4.9 MSVC11 VS(2012)

This should give you access to PHP version all the way back to PHP5.3.8. That should sort out most of the compiler issues/incompatabilities.

HOWEVER, thats not all!

Now you will need to install an Apache 2.2.? version something like 2.2.28.

This is because the PHP you are using needs to be compiled with the correct Apache->PHP linkages and you will find that the older versions of PHP which where created before Apache2.4 was a twinkle in the eye will not be able to be run with Apache 2.4, as of course the linkages are not there.

You can tell which versions of Apache any version of PHP can be used with by looking for these files

\wamp\bin\php\php{version}\php5apache2_2.dll <-- php linkage to Apache 2.2
\wamp\bin\php\php{version}\php5apache2_4.dll <-- php linkage to Apache 2.4

BIG NOTE: These files cannot be moved between PHPversions. These DLL's ARE the php interpreter for the version of PHP denoted by the filename php{version} that they live in.

All these versions of Apache can be found at ApacheLounge.com
All these versions of PHP can be found at windows.php.net

NOTE the old ADDONS feature is no longer supported, It all got to complex to be a simple click and go once Apache 2.4 and 3/4 versions of compilers got involved.
So you have to install the PHP and Apache versions manually. Its not rocket science, but if you need assistance let me know and I will mail you my Howto's on both if these manual installs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Installing 5.3 or 5.4 on WampServer 2.5?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2015 11:05AM

Hi,

VC9, VC10 and VC11 are compatible.
Here a little topo (In French and English) how to add PHP 5.3.28 to Wampserver 2.5, ONLY for 32 bit version of Wampserver because there is no 64 bit version of PHP 5.3.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.