With My Virtual Hosts working, My Projects send me to search link
Posted by: jmwright1058 (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: February 24, 2015 01:40AM

My Virtual Host links are all working as well as I can understand they should.

However, My Projects links now send me to a search engine which searches for the directory name.

Huh?

What have I done wrong?
Should I comment out the ;WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU in my wampmanager.tpl file?

I've noticed commenting it as follows works:
;; WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: With My Virtual Hosts working, My Projects send me to search link
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 24, 2015 10:46AM

Have you added the ;WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU parameter to wampmanager.tpl just before the ;WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU parameter?

If not try that. Then for your vhost defined sites, use that link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 24, 2015 04:37PM

I had ;WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU first, then ;WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU.

I put ;WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU first. But, it did the same thing when I click on the 'project' project1.

But, I've found the problem, with your help. I was trying to access a project, under the c:/wamp/www directory, that did not also have a definition as a Virtual Host. I will know now not to do that.

Thanks, again, RiggsFolly!

Date: February 24, 2015 05:31PM

Once you get used to using VHOSTS, you will probably never go to the WAMPServer homepage again unless you are trying to identify some issue or other.

Soon you will just keying the vhost name i.e. project1.dev as if you were running a site normally. So dont worry overly about the My Projects link, you may never use it ever again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 24, 2015 10:38PM

Thanks again RiggsFolly,

I couldn't help myself; I downloaded Link Shell Extension and put Symbolic links for all my ServerNames to c:/wamp/www.

This is for the purpose of me remembering I have nothing left to configure here. If I left these out, I might find myself researching how this works again. I know, My Project links are not something I have to use, but if I do, it's comforting to know they're functional and equivalent to My Virtual Host links, the way they are set up now.

I was going to write up another Topic on phpMyAdmin Server Version not reflecting what was selected in MySQL -> Version, but I realized my simple mistake and flushed the browser cachewinking smiley

Thanks again....John, oh, uh, jmwright1058

Posted by: swamped (---.cpe.teksavvy.com)
Date: April 16, 2015 03:42AM

hello - I'm new to wampserver but understand virtual hosts - most of my development is done on lamp servers. Hope I've posted this in the right spot.

I followed the instructions to set up virtual host configs etc and all is well except for the last step regarding the ;WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU parameter. I only get one menu on the homepage: "Your Projects." For testing this I set up 1 project with a virtual host and 1 without. Restarted and refreshed as suggested. Both projects appear under "Your Projects."

My question is: should I be seeing 2 menus: "My Projects" and "My Virtual Hosts" as indicated in:

WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 02, 2014 06:05PM?

The behaviour of both projects is as expected (the virtual host opens the project - the non-virtual does not.) , but as I actually have a use for both virtual and non-virtual setups, when the list gets long it would be beneficial to differentiate. I understand that "some items will appear in both menus" but I only have 1 menu with no way to tell which are virtual.

Using wampserver 2.5 - 32bit freshly installed today on Win 7 pro
apache 2.4.9
php 5.5.12
mysql 5.6.17
icon is green

btw - really liking wampserver so far - tried 4 others from a list of "the best 5 wamp servers" - this is the only one that worked and seems to be working great.

Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 03:58AM by swamped.

Date: April 16, 2015 10:36AM

Hi swamped,

Right the menu that is there by default i.e. MyProjects is built by listing any subfolder of the \wamp\www folder, so if you put your virtual hosts folders in there they will be listed in the My Projects list also.

The "My VirtualHosts" menu only appears on the wampmanager left click menu.

There are some really tasty updates to the vanilla WAMPServer 2.5 that have not yet been released, but can be downloaded from [aviatechno.net]

Basically its a zip of file changes and mimics the \wamp folder structure, you just copy over the vanilla 2.5 files ( see the readme before starting )
These changes add some really nice new stuff and improve the "My Project" and "My VirtualHosts" processing.

Make a backup of what you have currently before adding this upgrade. See this post to help you nake a simple copy of the \wamp folder [forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: swamped (24.114.76.---)
Date: April 16, 2015 04:31PM

Thank you for the fast response! I will check out your suggestions today.

Cheers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.