Wamp installs, won't start
Posted by: jszuets (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 23, 2015 04:10PM

I have successfully (I think) installed WampServer and selected LAUNCH WHEN FINISHED, and nothing launches. If I try to launch START WAMPSERVER from the Windows Start menu, I momentarily get the spinning wheel as if it will launch but then nothing. I don't even get to the various colored icons in the tray that everyone else is getting. I checked for port :80 but that doesn't appear to be the issue. So frustrating . . . have spent days on simply trying to download Wordpress.org to my computer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp installs, won't start
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 23, 2015 04:25PM

Hi jszuets,

There are some useful STICKY posts on the index.

For what we need to know about your system, before we can attempt a decent answer: And also some initial trouble shooting tips, See READ BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Also you should make sure you have the required Microsoft C/C++ Runtime libraries installed. See Missing MSVCR100.DLL or MSVCR110.DLL SOLUTION

If it is still not obvious what your problem is then post a bit more information as requested on the Read Before you ask a question post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 23, 2015 04:35PM

Thank you. I did read some of the stickies. Unfortunately, I'm so unfamiliar and lost with most of this vocabulary and development side. As a design person, I know my software, but all of this is so foreign . . . I appreciate your help.

Date: February 23, 2015 04:56PM

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit): Windows XP, 64 bit
2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit): WampServer v. 2.5
3 - Apache Version: Apache 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version: PHP 5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version: MySQL 5.6.17
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar): It is bright pink icon in the start menu, nothing in taskbar.

I will try to figure out the MS C runtime libraries solution, but that is definitely foreign to me. Thanks for understanding.

Date: February 23, 2015 05:53PM

So I just saw it, tucked in there about the MS Visual C/C+ solution. I'm on Windows XP - that is the problem, is that right? No way around that it would appear.

Date: February 23, 2015 07:33PM

If you installed WAMPServer 2.5... No, no way round that.

You can install WAMPServer 2.4 though, that the last one that came with Apache 2.4 and PHP compiled with MSVC 10.

Can download from here [sourceforge.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 23, 2015 11:02PM

Ugh, I was so sure this would do it and so grateful to you for sending me the link. But no good. Still the same result, spinning timer spins for about 2 seconds into nothing.

Date: February 23, 2015 11:04PM

But thank you so much for your guidance. It's much appreciated.

Date: February 23, 2015 11:15PM

So I did get this error message this time from something called the Aestan Tray Menu: Could not load configuration file. [EFOpenError] Cannot open file: C:\wamp\wampmanager.ini.

Date: February 24, 2015 12:05AM

Did you Uninstall WAMPServer 2.5 and then manually delete the \wamp folder before installing the new 2.4 version.

If not try that.

Then make sure you have all the MSVC runtimes installed.

Date: February 24, 2015 12:28AM

Yes, I did uninstall 2.5 and manually remove all folders/files associated with it, including shortcuts. Wish me luck on the MSVC runtimes . . . that's like speaking Portuguese to me but always ready to learn! Thank you, RiggsFolly, for your patience.

Date: February 24, 2015 12:58AM

Okay, so yes, I do have all of the MSVC runtime libraries. Is there anything else at all that you might suggest that could help?

Date: February 24, 2015 10:16AM

Wow, this is painful.

I wonder what it could be?

Maybe we should have a Team Viewer session, it might be easier to see whats actually going on, rather than just react to reports from the front so to speak.

If this is acceptable, Install Team Viewer, its free for casual use like this.

Then send me a Private Message, to arrange a rough time when we can both be available for 30 minutes or so. I am in the GMT timezone and based in UK, usually available during office hours and often late into the evening.

Come the time, send me another Private Message with the ID and PASSWORD for Team Viewer, I will connect and we can both have a look see what we can find.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.