phpMyAdmin access denied
Posted by: RFreund (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 16, 2015 04:53AM

I have read through the "read this first" and tried searching. I've come accross a few things that seemed helpful but did not work.

Wamp 2.5 on Windows 8 64 bit
Apache 2.4.9
PHP 5.5.12
wamp is Orange in color

I just installed wamp and put it on my extra drive, d: hard drive (chosen at the instal menu)
I followed the tutorial here: [forum.wampserver.com] and all looks well with that.
I can load and see "project1" however it only consists of a single .html page for testing. I cannot access phpmyadmin nor can I see any virtual host site/folders

When I check for windows log errors

mysql error:
InnoDB: File .\ib_logfile0: 'aio read' returned OS error 187. Cannot continue operation

Apache error:
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [C:/wamp/www/project1] does not exist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin access denied
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 16, 2015 11:06AM

Hello RFreund,

Well if I had to guess, I would say that you installed WAMPServer onto the C:\ drive and then copied the \wamp folder to your D:\ drive.

That wont work, because part of the install process, amends many files to contain the drive letter.

If this is what you did, can I suggest that you copy D:\wamp\ back to the C:\ drive into the same folder you installed it into.

uninstall WAMPServer.

Delete the remaining C:\wamp folder

Then reinstall WAMPServer. There is a screen in the install that allows you to install WAMPServer onto any physical drive, so pick the D:\wamp on that screen and everything should then work correctly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 17, 2015 03:16AM

No, I chose D:/wamp during the install. However just to make sure I uninstalled wamp (using a program called geek uninstaller). Then re-installed wamp on C/wamp which ran fine. Then I uninstalled it. Then re-installed it on the D:/ drive. Still orange light.

mysql error log:
InnoDB: Some operating system error numbers are described at
InnoDB: [dev.mysql.com]
2015-02-16 20:09:46 4656 [ERROR] InnoDB: File .\ib_logfile0: 'aio read' returned OS error 187. Cannot continue operation

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Date: February 17, 2015 10:03AM

Well that error from MySQL seems to suggest that you have mangled at least some of the files that make up your database(s)

WAMPServer comes with a perfectly good install/uninstall, can I suggest that you use it.
The only actual system amendment made by WAMPServer to anything other than the folder you install it into is to register its uninstall with the system, so you dont need to worry about cleaning out the registry etc which is the normal reason for off app uninstallers.

Can I suggest you run the WAMPServer uninstall
Then manually delete the \wamp folder (any files it did not install, or files changed by or after the install dont get removed.)

Then reinstall it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 18, 2015 05:09AM

I'll try to post back with more info. However, with fresh uninstall and re-install -> C:/ drive works fine. D:/ drive does not.

Date: February 18, 2015 11:25AM

Can I assume you tried to install it on the C:\ Drive and the D:\ drive at the same time, if so that is not possible.

It can be installed on any drive, however it should only be installed once per system.

I can assure you installing on the D: drive does work, as thats where mine is installed.

Posted by: RFreund (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 03:46PM

"Can I assume you tried to install it on the C:\ Drive and the D:\ drive at the same time, if so that is not possible."
- No not at the same time. Install on the C:\ localhost works fine, green light. virtual host folder on D:\ drive does not. Use wamp uninstall. Install on d:\ drive. Localhost does not work. orange light.

"It can be installed on any drive, however it should only be installed once per system. I can assure you installing on the D: drive does work, as thats where mine is installed."

I believe this, I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong. Is there any error message I could post that would help?

It is almost as if, there is something stuck somewhere that wants to point to the c:\ drive or that wont let me access the d:\ drive.

Thanks for the help.

Date: February 20, 2015 04:15PM

If the WampServer icon is NOT GREEN please ensure you have looked at these files :-
a - Apache error log
-- ( wampmanager -> Apache -> Apache error log )
-- ( wampmanager -> Apache -> Apache access log )
b - MySQL error log ( wampmanager -> MySQL -> MySQL log )
c - PHP error log ( wampmanager -> PHP -> PHP error log )

Depending on the error, one or all of the above may be empty so also look at
d - The windows event viewer
--- Windows Key + R to launch the run dialog then enter eventvwr.exe and press the OK button
--- - On the left side of the windows click 'Windows Logs -> Applications'
--- - Look for the names 'Apache Service' or 'MySQL' in the Source column which have a error symbol in the first column.

If you find any errors that you cannot fix for yourself please post the COMPLETE EXACT error message in your question.

Posted by: RFreund (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 05:47PM

Maybe we can start with these:

A
Apache looks OK (I think) however there is nothing the access log.
Apache Error Log:
[Tue Feb 17 22:07:49.349004 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4916:tid 572] AH00455: Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Feb 17 22:07:49.349004 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4916:tid 572] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC11 Server built: Mar 16 2014 12:13:13
[Tue Feb 17 22:07:49.349004 2015] [core:notice] [pid 4916:tid 572] AH00094: Command line: 'D:\\wamp\\bin\\apache\\apache2.4.9\\bin\\httpd.exe -d D:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.9'
[Tue Feb 17 22:07:49.352006 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4916:tid 572] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 4996
[Tue Feb 17 22:07:49.767323 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4996:tid 472] AH00354: Child: Starting 64 worker threads.

B
Mysql Error Log
2015-02-20 10:33:51 25c InnoDB: Operating system error number 87 in a file operation.
InnoDB: Some operating system error numbers are described at
InnoDB: [dev.mysql.com]
2015-02-20 10:33:51 11656 [ERROR] InnoDB: File .\ib_logfile0: 'aio read' returned OS error 187. Cannot continue operation

C
PHP error log (this appears to be from the other day and not today's start up:
[18-Feb-2015 04:07:49 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0

[18-Feb-2015 04:07:49 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0

D
Mysql
InnoDB: File .\ib_logfile0: 'aio read' returned OS error 187. Cannot continue operation

Thanks Again!

Date: February 21, 2015 01:26AM

You have a MySQL database corruption.

So this is not a vanilla install.

you must have copied something to the MySQL database area. Right?

Date: February 21, 2015 03:29AM

Can you elaborate on this?

I have used wamp in the past (past versions) but not virtual host. I have tried to uninstall and re-install countless times as described above. In the past I have improted databases, etc but I"m not sure what you mean by copy. However after the uninstall / re-install cycles I have not copied anything to the database.

Is there something I can do to correct this?

Thanks again.

Date: February 21, 2015 02:09PM

Is this relevant?

[forum.wampserver.com]

Date: February 21, 2015 02:30PM

Welp, this turned it green:

open my.ini and add:
innodb_flush_method=normal

[bugs.mysql.com]

Now lets see if it works....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.