Mysql database didn't working after overwritting installing wamp.
Posted by: AzeemHiader (---.68.99.250.uaar.edu.pk)
Date: December 19, 2014 10:34AM

I am using wamp server. I have made some project and there are some also databases.
I install new window and then i install wamp server in same drive where the wamp sever is.
After installing wamp my project file in "www" are present as pervious but in phpMyAdmin there is only database name is present when I open it there is no table. where the tables gone ???
I check the "wamp>mysql>data". Here the files are present of that tables but it does not show in the phpmyadmin.
I need these tables how can I recover it.

Sorry, for weak english.

Thanks.

Wampserver 2.4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 10:44AM by AzeemHiader.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mysql database didn't working after overwritting installing wamp.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 19, 2014 02:26PM

I assume you mean that you did ...

Install new windows.
Install WampServer on new windows
Copy my old \wamp\www folder to the new install
Copy the subfolders in \wamp\bin\mysql\mysql{version}\data to the new install

If this is correct, then dont forget to copy the contents of \wamp\bin\mysql\mysql{version}\data as well. If you are using INNODB database the actual data lives in the ibdata1 file in that folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.