change default swedish database
Posted by: gany (---.revip2.asianet.co.th)
Date: December 11, 2014 03:32AM

1 - Windows version used: 7, 32 bit
2 - Version WampServer 2.5, 64 bit
3 - Apache Version: 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version 5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version 5.6.17
6 - What color is the WampServer icon: beautiful green, with a hint of spring

Gentlemen,

I have currently two problems with Wamp:

1- When I create a database, for reasons unknown to me it's always a Swedish database: latin1_swedish_ci.
Now, I do like a good smørrebrød, but I'm much rather work with utf8_general_ci.

How do I set utf8_general_ci as default?

2- On my wamp homepage, I see all my sites. In previous versions, I could click on them and go to the index page of that site. Not anymore. In the version I've got I will go to the live url. Instead of going to [localhost] Wamp brings me to www.mysite.com/

How do I set Wamp to remain on localhost?

Thanks for any help,

Gany

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: change default swedish database
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 11, 2014 10:29AM

Hi Gany

1. For future reference the MYSQL database is well documented on their website which is where I went to look
this up.

In my.ini add these lines after the [mysqld] section header

[mysqld]
collation-server=utf8_unicode_ci
character-set-server=utf8

You may also want to add this as well, but you had better check on it meaning and see if that is what you want to do.

skip-character-set-client-handshake

Link to Documentation

2. See this WAMPServer documentation WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts where I describe the best practice of creating Virtual Hosts for each of your sites.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: change default swedish database
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 11, 2014 01:53PM

Hi,

> for reasons unknown to me it's always a Swedish database: latin1_swedish_ci.
You must explicitly declare the character set and collation used to the level of the column (field), otherwise, it is the default values of the upper level that apply: Data use the character set and collation of their column. If the charset and collation are not specified for the column are those of the table. If the table has not been specified, are those of the base, and if those of the base have not been specified, it is the charset and the default collation of the server. Here's how you end up having almost everywhere latin1_swedish_ci as collation because MySQL AB is a Swedish company.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.