Wampserver is not accessible from internet
Posted by: zorro777 (115.245.92.---)
Date: November 18, 2014 10:30AM

Version of Operating system? - Version of Windows and 32 or 64bit?
Windows 7 32bit

Version of Wamp Server installed? - Version number and 32 or 64bit?
Verson 2.5, 32bit

Version of Apache you are running?

Version of MySQL you are running?

Version of PHP you are running?

What colour is your WampManager icon?
Green

Do you have a HOSTS file? [c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts]
Yes

In previous version I was able to access my wampserver from internet.

Currently when I click to put server online or offline the "httpd.conf" doesn't change anything.

# onlineoffline tag - don't remove
Require all granted

In either mode it remains the same and I am never able to access server from internet.

Today, I followed the tuturial to make my each project into virtual host and I was able to achieve the result. But lets say I want to make my project1 online then what url I should give to client to access it from internet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver is not accessible from internet
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 18, 2014 11:20AM

When you have Virtual hosts setup, leave the server in the Offline state. This protects the WAMPServer homepage from access from outside.

As you have a Virtual host for your project you can then edit the httpd-vhost.conf file manually to chnage the 'Require local' to 'Require all granted' for just that one site. If you know the clients ip and that it is static, you could use 'Require ip 11.22.33.44` rather than risking 'Require all granted'

Now I would get an account with a Dynamic DNS provider such as DYNDNS.COM or NOIP.COM
I think NOIP.COM still offer free accounts with one domain name.
Setup a domain name, it will look a little wierd as they tend to end in .noip.com for example
so you could have for example project1.noip.com
This will get routed to your routers WAN IP

Now I would setup a copy of the project and create a VH specifically for the client to use. It has to match the domain name that the client will be using so in this example it would be project1.noip.com

You then setup the VH with that as the ServerName and give it the allowed access rights

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: zorro777 (101.58.12.---)
Date: November 18, 2014 02:56PM

Hi RiggsFolly,
Still my server doesn't go online. And now that I have reinstalled it, it makes changes to httpd.conf file on changing online and offline mode.
I checked while in online mode at PortCheckTool.com if port 80 is accessible but it isn't.

Could it be problem with my ISP? Though few months ago I had no problem in connecting.
I use a portable USB dongle by Reliance Netconnect.

Any other information that I must provide?

Posted by: zorro777 (101.58.12.---)
Date: November 18, 2014 03:05PM

One thing might be important to note is,

Previously I used to just google for my ip and would use it directly, thats all. But now the ip I get from google doesn't even work locally, which also is detected by no-ip updater.

From command prompt I get different ip address which works locally but not via internet.

And a big sorry for mentioning windows 7, I actually use windows 8.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.