Wamp server re-directs people to their own Localhost?
Posted by: Hikkarii (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2014 08:51PM

I have a problem, I set up some of the config, to bypass the "Forbidden Access" However, when I attempt to let other people visit my forum that i'm hosting off of wamp, via [Ip] address it re-directs them back to their own localhost. How can I make it so it doesn't, and it goes to my forum?

I already port forwarded port 80, and 8080 (in case).

Version of Operating system? - Windows 7 home premium 64bit
Version of Wamp Server installed? - 2.5 and 64bit
Version of Apache you are running? - 2.4.9
Version of MySQL you are running? - 5.6.17
Version of PHP you are running? - 5.5.12

What colour is your WampManager icon? - Green and Online

Do you have a HOSTS file? [c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts] - Yes I do.

Changes I made:: Changed phpmyadmin.conf in Alias folder to allow all granted. (Bypassed forbidden access) & that is about it. I have not made any other changes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2014 09:05PM by Hikkarii.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp server re-directs people to their own Localhost?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 14, 2014 08:56PM

Hi Hikkarri,

There is nobody here that is clarevoyant. You are going to have to be more specific!

Answer these questions please. [forum.wampserver.com]

Also please specify the config chnages you made and the ip address that you are giving people to use to connect to your server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 14, 2014 09:06PM

I have updated my thread.

Also, the IP address im giving out is my own, for security reasons, I dont wanna make it public o.o. but its the IP address when I google : whatismyipaddress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2014 09:10PM by Hikkarii.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 15, 2014 09:29AM

Hi,

> Also, the IP address im giving out is my own, for security reasons, I dont wanna make it public
Your IP address seems to be: 73.170.10.30
It should not be paranoid to the point of not wanting to give an IP address that is part of:
- Headers of emails you send,
- Headers posts you make,
- Headers of file you want to download or upload,
- etc.
if you really want to hide your IP, it must go through a proxy, and again it is not clear that we do not draw back to your real address.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 15, 2014 10:05AM

@Otomatic
oh, well, okay..

To my post, is there any way to fix it? :/

Posted by: funkyfrank (---.226.133.43.179.swissinet.com)
Date: November 15, 2014 03:09PM

I am pretty new to this but have learned a few things.

Instead of editing various conf files and moving the wamp dir it really is great to use Virtual Hosts. Are you using those for the forum/site you try to serve? [forum.wampserver.com]

To serve the page to the public I assume you are using a dynamic dns host, like dyndns.org or noip.com? If so have a look here: [forum.wampserver.com] Perhaps that might help you?

As for your private IP, I can fully understand not wanting to share it in these days and age. Go and sign up to a VPN provider and be on the safe side. A proxy will not keep your real IP hidden, but a VPN service will indeed. AirVPN is pretty good, but also PrivateInternetAccess are ok, both are not that costly and offer a very solid service from my experience. (Hope it is OK to post these suggestions, direct links are NOT given, just giving a bit of help with no bad intentions.) Alternatively check www.bestvpn.com and make up your own mind. If you really are with Comcast or in the US try to get a VPN that does not log and it possibly outside the US.

With a VPN and an email client like Thunderbird for example you can then also send and receive email through the VPN IP instead of revealing the IP given to you by your ISP. I do so since years and just feel quite nice knowing people do no know my real IP or geolocation. I did check the headers or emails sent and received many times and it is always my VPNs IP.

I am at the moment trying to serve locally hosted sites through the VPN service I use and perhaps that will succeed at some point, though now I cannot offer more help than above.

Best Regards
Frank

Version of Operating system? Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Version of Wamp Server installed? 2.5 32bit
Version of Apache you are running? 2.4.9
Version of MySQL you are running? 5.6.17
Version of PHP you are running? 5.5.12
What colour is your WampManager icon? Green
Host file localhost 127.0.0.1

New to WAMP?
Read this please: [forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 15, 2014 04:34PM

Hi Hikkarii

Changes I made::
Changed phpmyadmin.conf in Alias folder to allow all granted. (Bypassed forbidden access) & that is about it. I have not made any other changes.

So all you have done is allow the whole world to access your phpMyAdmin application. That means that you have not given access to your website but you have allowed anybody to delete your databases.

CLEVER!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.