Will IIS 5.1 clash with wamp
Posted by: FuzMic (113.210.137.---)
Date: November 06, 2014 12:58AM

Hi friends

I want to try my hands on asp.net in an xpwin pc. I am thinking of installing IIS v51. on the pc which already has wamp.

If the ISS service is turn off will wamp work ok & vice versa. Your advice appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will IIS 5.1 clash with wamp
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 06, 2014 01:17AM

Hi there FuzMic

IIS ( any version ) and WAMPServer (Apache) are both web servers so they will both want to use port 80 by default, thererfore they will not run together.

However, if wamp is not running i.e. Apache is not started then IIS will run just fine, and visa versa, as long as IIS is turned off Wamp(Apache) should run just fine.

IIS does sometimes incorporate other services that also try and use port 80 so you may need to be a bit clever making sure all the IIS and associated tools are all turned off when you want to run Wamp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: FuzMic (175.140.9.---)
Date: November 06, 2014 06:09AM

Thanks Chris for your words of assurance and the more in-depth paths. I have in fact played around with port 8080 with servername:8080 while iis is running. Once i turn off iis service, even port 80 is ok. That is what you mean, i hope.

Meanwhile I have installed iis v6 in my xp.pc and seem working fine. I am thinking of webmatrix so that i may try my hand on iisdeveloper express. Any advice on this. Kind Regards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2014 06:16AM by FuzMic.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 06, 2014 09:48AM

Yes as long as you run them one at a time both using port 80 is fine. Its only if you try to use both together that you need to use another post on one of them.

RE: IIS
My knowledge of thi sis very old, so I woudl best serve you by saying nothing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: FuzMic (113.210.136.---)
Date: November 06, 2014 03:36PM

Thanks again mate

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.