Help a n00b get things running?
Posted by: FiddlerStudios (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: August 12, 2010 11:43PM

Hi, i just installed Wamp for the first time. Its my first time trying to run anything web locally. Setup seemed to go well. When I go to localhost I get the IIS7 page, which I assume is normal. However, when I click on phpMyAdmin in Wamp, I get this: [awesomescreenshot.com]

Have I done something wrong? I noticed that the "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpmyadmin\" path that the error refers to doesn't exist. The \phpmyadmin\ part doesn't exist. Is this the problem, and if so, what do I do about it.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help a n00b get things running?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2010 01:04AM

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart wamp then skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 13, 2010 03:29AM

Thanks so much for your kind help yfastud. I did all you said, and it appears we're getting closer. The IIS7 still shows when I go to localhost (I'll try rebooting to see if that fixes it). Now the old error is gone and phpMyAdmin starts to load, but gives this error:

phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

I'm on Win7 btw.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2010 04:11AM

Date: August 13, 2010 05:20PM

Thanks so much. It all seems to be working fine now. Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.