PHP is already installed
Posted by: tstoddard (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: August 12, 2010 11:31PM

I want to install WampServer on a Windows XP machine that has IIS and PHP5.3 already installed and running. IIS is configured to serve php pages using FastCGI. Do I need to uninstall PHP before installing WampServer for the first time? I know that I can't run both Appache and IIS on port 80 simultaneously so I'm prepared to work around that. I just want to know if I will run into trouble if I try to install WampServer without first uninstalling PHP.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP is already installed
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2010 01:03AM

yes you will and if you've already has php addon for iis, why dont you install mysql addon for iis instead since wamp and iis both are web servers so even they run on different ports, eventually you will run into conflict and at that time it might be hard to redo everything sad smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: tstoddard (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: August 13, 2010 02:01AM

I'm trying to learn development with CakePHP. I just want to be able to work through some tutorials on this machine and I have found that getting IIS to play nice with CakePHP is not easy. I would also like to familiarize myself with Appache and MySQL. I don't mind starting and stopping IIS and Appache manually since I'm usually only working on one project at a time.

Date: August 13, 2010 04:11AM

I don't mind starting and stopping IIS
starting and stopping dont work but you have to completely disable IIS

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart wamp then skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: tstoddard (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: August 13, 2010 03:51PM

I have read instructions elsewhere explaining how to get appache running on a different port so that both appache and iis could run at the same time. Is this not possible with WampServer? If not, I guess I'll have to go with a different solution. Perhaps xampp or just a manual install and configuration of appache, php and mysql.

Date: August 13, 2010 05:15PM

yes, you can change port in config file to have both but no matter which package like wamp, xampp, easyphp or even stand alone, eventually you will run into conflict

anyway, follow this if still interested winking smiley
[forum.wampserver.com]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.