Notice: Undefined index: type in C:\wamp\www\aushaggy\huvt\install.php on line 2
Posted by: shaggy (---.static.dsl.dodo.com.au)
Date: July 17, 2010 08:17AM

Hello,

I have having this error come up with any page refering to the SQL database.

ERROR is:
Notice: Undefined index: type in C:\wamp\www\aushaggy\huvt\install.php on line 2

CODE is:
<?php
$type = $_POST['type'];

it was working with out a drama on the paid server, but the moment I put it on here, I get this error. I have no idea how to fix it. did my paid server have something that WAMP doesn't?

Paid server was using latest version Apache server.

Thanks

Shaggy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Notice: Undefined index: type in C:\wamp\www\aushaggy\huvt\install.php on line 2
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (109.79.109.---)
Date: July 17, 2010 09:53AM

ur paid server has notices turned off in the php.ini

they are errors that are only small but may or maynot cause a problem

ud need to use php empty and isset to get past this notice.. as the var maybe be empty or not set in the url or post information

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Notice: Undefined index: type in C:\wamp\www\aushaggy\huvt\install.php on line 2
Date: July 17, 2010 12:01PM

Thank you steven for the promt reply, I wasn't ecpecting a reply till monday, your input helped alot thank you, problem is now resolved, everything working as it chould be, and loving the ease of use that WAMP provides, this morning I was trying to setup Apache win32 web sever then had to install PHP, Perl, SQL. had nothing but drama's setting that up on Win7U, found WAMP uninstalled everything and installed this and that was the only problem I had, (apart from me experimenting with things I have never seen before. been a few dips into the backups)

Thank you once again this forum is top notch.

Shaggy

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 17, 2010 02:32PM

Date: July 18, 2010 08:33AM

Thank you, but new problem for you, it's RE: to CGI/Perl setup

I was getting somthing to do with cant find cmd.exe in the directory, so I copied cmd.exe into the directory that installer.bat is located, now I hvae new issue, screen reads:

Installing ActivePerl...

Copying files...
'xcopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
No such file or directory

C:\Perl>

what is xcopy and how do I get it to work, I am running installer on Windows 7 and using wamp. I did install Strawberry Perl but uninstalled it when I got the reply from yfastud, cause it wasn't working the why it should. Now this. hmmm maybe windows 7 isn't so great after all

Shaggy

Date: July 18, 2010 12:06PM

not to worry I manged to get it all working, I had to go into the sys32 file and copy 3 files over to the directory that I was running installer.bat and got it working. now PHP - CGI/Perl works fine. thank you

next question an application I am using on my server requires cURL, any idea on how to install that into wamp?

Shaggy

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (109.79.60.---)
Date: July 18, 2010 01:12PM

left click wamp icon > php> extentions> php_curl (at the top)

then you may need to download curl and put the files into the folder depending on how your going to use it..

[curl.haxx.se]

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 02:42PM by stevenmartin99.

Date: July 18, 2010 01:21PM

Date: July 18, 2010 06:07PM

yeah ok following your guide, I get this error when following this command you give:

Guides Command

Click WAMP>PHP>PHP Extensions>php_openssl

when I click on it I get:

error:

Could not execute menu item (internal error)
[Exception] Could not perform service action:
The service has not been started

why??

Shaggy

EDIT:

Note to worry I worked it out, just had to recomment (#) the HTTPD_SSL include link it the HTTPD.CONF file, and all worked fine, so there is something you need to remove from the guide mr. JLBN, but none the less nice work thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 07:15PM by shaggy.

Date: July 18, 2010 07:46PM

Date: July 18, 2010 08:13PM

no, I just used what was installed on the server, found a post topic on here that had a reply point at this issue, so followed your advice from that and looked at the comments for the guide and it was written in there the comment the include in the HTTPD.CONF file and everything worked, I can now turn on php_openssl and the ssl sorks fine, the server responds to https everything is working fine but no I didn't install wampssl before it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.